Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: URGENT HELP

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default URGENT HELP

Help! I have read all the info on swine flu and the threads but I can't find any advice to help me.

Basically friend has swine flu (confirmed). At weekend met my hubby and kids before she knew she had it. Now hubby has terrible headache and feels awful, sore throat, feeling sick. Plus another friend she met on Sat has flu (unconfirmed). Both my kids are feeling icky, one hot, one has the runs and feels sick.

If I am fine, and children and hubby are isolated upstairs can I still work? I know schools are not closing but that's because affected children and staff are sent home. Obviously all my infected people will be in the house. However, I've no confirmation that it's just a virus or cold rather than swineflu.

I suppose I will still give parents a choice to bring but if gov advice is that I can stay open then this is the difference between me being paid or not I suppose. I just need to know before I speak to anyone.

Advice please.

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: URGENT HELP

my hubby has it but luckily i work from my mums house

You should tell the parents and see what they decide themselves. Doctors are not doing swab tests anymore to confirm so maybe just call them and discribe the symptoms if they think its swine flu they will give your LO's a prescription for tamiflu, my DH feels much better since he started taking it

xxx
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The advice has changed... previously it said we should shut.

NOW it says we should stay open so long as we are well...

Here's the guidance from the Herts gov website - can't find it on teachernet just now

Hope it clarifies for you... at the end of the day though it is your decision..

http://www.hertsdirect.org/caresuppo...ts/careprepare

I hope they are all feeling better soon xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sarah. I looked on my local gov website too, but the advice for schools to stay open means there are probably no infected people on the premises, they've all been sent home. Just worried that the sick folk being in same house might be a problem.

I know i should have a policy ready but the advice keeps changing so fast I can't keep up.

Will have a look at your one.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just checking the ncma site and found a link to the policy I think you might have been talking about on your reply. Sorry will have to cut and paste as haven't done it as a proper link.

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/13...rchildcare.pdf

Unfortunately the advice is that you stay open as long as you and/or your family are well. If members of the household are sick you should NOT care for other children.

That's my question answered. I'm going to go with the other advice as 3 symptoms need to be present before swine flu suspected I think as currently hubby and kids only have 1 or 2 each.