Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: craft risk assessments

Quote Originally Posted by clorogue View Post
    Exactly!!! I find that more and more and more!!!! things are cropping up, that's why the EYFS has got a bad name (it is good in many ways) and it is nice for us to be treated more seriously too. I am not sure where it is going to end I saw on the forum Lifestyle Policy (what is that!!!!) you could go on and on with policies and risk assessments. I was thinking today maybe I need a parking meter policy/risk assessment while I park the car and take the children out of the car and get a ticket whilst cars are moving around - what do you think !!!!!!!! Maybe I should do a Sainsburys/Waitrose/Tesco Policy/risk assessment or what about a Pet Shop Policy/risk assessment!!!!
    I saw this too, but by that point was too exhausted to find out As for supermarkets I just won't admit to going. If I don't write it down who's to know? I have one for walking to the local shops as far as I' concerned that is ENOUGH!
    I'm just going to get on with physically keeping these children safe which in my opinion means keeping your eyes open and using your noddle!

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    NO NO NO!! Stop pandering to this ridiculous nanny state culture. DO NOT do a ra for crafts. Unless your craft sessions involve glass blowing or welding this is just ridiculous.
    Thank goodness, someone who feels the same as me.

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sally McGeown View Post
    I saw this too, but by that point was too exhausted to find out As for supermarkets I just won't admit to going. If I don't write it down who's to know? I have one for walking to the local shops as far as I' concerned that is ENOUGH!
    I'm just going to get on with physically keeping these children safe which in my opinion means keeping your eyes open and using your noddle!
    Sally that did make me laugh - using your noddle! I do find that trying to finding out information, sourcing, working out the format etc is starting to take over many of my thoughts! It is not the filling in, it is not knowing whether you are doing the correct thing or not and all that goes with it (and that definitely is not for the lack of support you guys give me - you are priceless). Oh I do think of the days when i didn't have all this and I really really enjoyed the children!
    Last edited by clorogue; 27-06-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Clorogue

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i've mentioned this a cupple of time, like a few of you said you don't need a risk assesment for every thing just think of the amount of paper and storage you would need i have risks assesments for my home and outdoors activities, and a tick list i do before a child or children come, this includes arts and crafts. But just done one on taking older children out fishing as you got the tides, fishing hooks (use barbless hooks) where were going etc.

John.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123