Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: sooo mad!!

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sooo mad!!

no that sounds like a good idea, I am thinking she doesnt want it to go to court cos then they will know about her benefit fraud. So if i do reply asking for the £50 a week, then do I charge her late fees up until say wednesday if that is when she will be making a payment??

Also, I will have to send contract in the post etc if she does agree to that, so as I am already charging her a £5 a day late fee then what do I do about that?

but what you have said sounds do able x x
    Love GG x x

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should cut your losses and agree on a figure of £500 on a contract and then start more late fees after that contract is signed if she doesnt pay up on time then. But word all that in the contract so she cant complain. Tell her as a gesture of goodwill you are not charging her any more fees for the next few days while you come to an arrangement but if she does not agree by xxx date then fees will be added from that date. Was that a bit waffley or does it make sense?

Annie x

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

no that makes sense, I am just a bit miffed that she wants to set the terms and that this will be paid within 10 weeks which is just over 2 mnths!! I feel like well you owe me this and have owed me some of it for over a month now so you should paaaaaaay!!!

but maybe thats just my ranting one inside me thats trying to rule and I should listen to the sane one in there. I am not sure if she will agree to £50 a week, but we will see what she says. xx
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I really don't want to burst your bubble here but

this lady already had a contract with you which she has broken despite the fact that she has had the money (and more besides) to pay you

What makes you think that signing a new contract for £500 will mean that she will keep to it - look at how she's already messed you around.

I would think very carefully before entering into any more agreements with her and at the very least I'd get some legal advice first

Miffy xx

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

But if you get her to agree to £50 she is agreeing to your terms. Think of it that way. I would also let NCMA know this is what you have agreed on so if any problems occur in the future at least they will know you have gone to reasonable lengths to give her the opportunity to pay.
    Then hopefully after 10 weeks are up you are rid for good. Good luck. Dont let the ***** grind you down - YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT.

Annie x

Pipsqueak Guest

Annie is making some valid points. I do think before replying though you should take advice from NCMA (legally). If you do accept an offer of regular payments then I would ask NCMA how to word a document to that effect and the consquences are of the mum defaulting. (I personally would have it that if she defaults at any time that you will start legal proceedings immediately). You would both need to sign it and I would get a witness as well.

I think you also need to clarify with mum - verbally that she is agreeing to pay you the full invoiced amount including the notice period. To be honest I think texting in this instance is counterproductive, you both need to speak and then get it all in writing.

(I would also try my luck and tell her that £30 is no good and you will accept £50 per week, even if you both agree to drop it lower - but that is just me and my mean streak! lol). I think that if an offer of payment is made you have to accept it but I am not sure if you have to accept what they are saying they can afford, iyswim.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

I know! you didnt burst my bubble at all, I did expect someone to state the obvious!! I dont know and would like to trust her again but dont think i can be nice anymore about it. But I am worried if I do not accept her offer that NCMA might not then back me in legal proceedings?? anyone know about this??!

thats why I was thinking about working with her, so they will back me for def. but in all honesty, I want me money and not at £30 a week until its paid off!! Cos I think I deserve it, but I am in two minds......
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

NCMA will do what they can for you legally and they will support you whatever you decide but you must speak to them before contacting the mum further. At the end of the day cheeky this money is yours and the mum is not trustworthy - she has led you up the garden path on several occasions and has tried to wriggle out of paying you for work done.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

right ok, so if I try her at £50 and say that this is the offer on the table and if she isnt interested I will start legal proceedings, I dont really want to enter into another contract with her anyway incase it goes belly up.

also it means getting my friend (the ladies mum) involved as she will be the one giving me the payments, cos the lady has said that in her text, so she wont have to come up to the house every week.

I wont be trying for the £30, because that is just unacceptable to me, but I will wait and get legal advice first before replying to the mum.xxx
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Why not phone NCMA in the morning and see what they say then you can speak to the mum/grandma.

Good luck whatever you decide

Miffy xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    NCMA will do what they can for you legally and they will support you whatever you decide but you must speak to them before contacting the mum further. At the end of the day cheeky this money is yours and the mum is not trustworthy - she has led you up the garden path on several occasions and has tried to wriggle out of paying you for work done.
    this is true, I would rather have it sooner than her "being willing" to give me the money on her terms!! as I feel that by her "being willing" its all up to her, when she agreed to pay me in the first place. xx
    Love GG x x

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

But she can easily afford to pay you £50 a week if her new fees are £100 a week and she is claiming £150.

If you find out who the new minders are and find out that they are unregistered, I would report them to OFSTED!

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

well apparantley they are registered as she was sorting out their reg number for benefit, so who knows?? xx
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Chops View Post
    right ok, so if I try her at £50 and say that this is the offer on the table and if she isnt interested I will start legal proceedings, I dont really want to enter into another contract with her anyway incase it goes belly up.

also it means getting my friend (the ladies mum) involved as she will be the one giving me the payments, cos the lady has said that in her text, so she wont have to come up to the house every week.

I wont be trying for the £30, because that is just unacceptable to me, but I will wait and get legal advice first before replying to the mum.xxx
    I would tell this mum that you will not communicate further by text as you feel it is unprofessional and unbusinesslike for a start. As for her saying she won't come up to your house - tough on her she got herself into this situation she should face the full consquences.

I would really urge you before committing further to this woman to take further advice and guidance from NCMA. You will have to have a contract in place for a schedule of payments, dates, times, amount and the consquences should she default.
    This contract will include any late fees she has incurred since you started them, the conditions of payment (cash, cheque - must clear before payment is considered to be made, standing order etc) and you both must sign the document in the presence of one another and a witness.

Post Thanks / Like

I've ummed and aaahed about whether to say this but i will

if it was me I'd ask for half the debt up front and the other £250 to be paid off at £50 a week - that is the only way I'd think they were serious about paying it off and not trying to muck you about.

After all mum has owed you this money for a while already and has been out shopping with it instead of giving it to you

It's disgusting that you are in this position when she has been paid the money

Sorry I don't suppose that helps

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I've ummed and aaahed about whether to say this but i will

if it was me I'd ask for half the debt up front and the other £250 to be paid off at £50 a week - that is the only way I'd think they were serious about paying it off and not trying to muck you about.

After all mum has owed you this money for a while already and has been out shopping with it instead of giving it to you

It's disgusting that you are in this position when she has been paid the money

Sorry I don't suppose that helps

Miffy xx

Well said Miffy

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know, it is a bit disgusting, it makes me cross that she thinks i am just gunna give her another chance just like that!
    Love GG x x

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I agree with Miffy.

Remember that they have CHOSEN not to send the children to you this week.

If they cant afford both minders fees then they should have put the other minder off while you worked out your notice with them.

If I were you, my next step would be to text her back now saying that you will not comment further until you have seeked legal advice on this in the morning and that you will telephone her at xx time tomorrow to discuss the next step. I would also say that you are no longer prepared to communicate via text.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i think that is a sensible response!! x
    Love GG x x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I've missed half of this thread Cheeky!
    I just wanted to say that I agree with Miffy and that I hope you get your money somehow and sooner rather than later. Don't ever soften to her, the woman's a thoughtless cow.

Big hugs. I 'll be thinking of you X

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast