Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC - all 6's
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 5 mins early not a lot I know but.....

i had one like that too except it went from 5mins early to 20mins early, i kept making comments like - oooo your early, or ignore the doorbell until the 3rd time they had rung it. Then asked if they wanted to change their hours as my insurance is only covered for contracted hours and I would need to charge them my overtime rate if it wasn't contracted - they soon got the message

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How come parents always manage to drop off early but pick up late????

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ooooo you've all got the wrong parents - I have one lovely Mum who's baby is contracted 8.45 - 5 and she always comes to get him at at least 4.45 or earlier and then today she text me to say that he had gone to sleep and could she bring him at 9.30 when i am back from nursery run.

She said at pick up that she would continue to do that unless she texts to say she is coming at 8.45 because he seems to want to sleep at that time BUT she doesn't want to change payments and will be paying for that 3/4 hour whether he's there or not. (Without me having to even say!) So all in all i make 1 hours pay for free every wednesday when he comes!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

gosh... wish i had a mum like yours... i have one who contracted for 8.15am but sometimes lands at 8.05.. like everyone else i like them 10mins for a cup of tea and peace as mindee very active and full on and exhausts me...

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dad,bless him I think he's away with the fairies most of the time

Anyway,once he asked if he could bring his child at 7 instead of 7.30 because there was going to be a train strike.I said no problem, I'm used to starting early anyway and I'm usually up early.

The following Friday he came at 7 again!!!!! I answered the door in my nightclothes and he laughed and said 'oh I thought you said you would be up'

After two years of minding,the thing I still struggle with is trying to get the parents to understand that this is my job! And I like to start and finish on time just like everyone else.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had the exact same problem with one parent inparticular for the last 2 years, have done letters in general to all parents, says in hugeletterson my daily sign in sheets do not arrive earlier than your contracted time, have wrote to said parent sepereatley and explained i cannot take them in early all be it 5/10 mins, given reasons as its my time to make myself a coffee finish getting my kids seen to , insurance wont allow it etc etc etc.... never has worked, even put a clock next to the daily sign in sheets with correct time on, she always put 8am regardless of what time it is and i always change it all be it 5 minutes.... sometimes she will sign in at say 8.00 and parent after her will put 7.58 and apologise for being early.... now how does that work then !!!

having said allthat in the cold light of the daya nd recent events I can handle 5 mins early if that is the worset this parent does to me ( in light of recent events some of you know about ) I should nt really mind the odd 5 mins, although it does still get me mad sometimes when i'm not quite ready
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12