Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: enough is enough!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilsteff View Post
    thanks for ur support

any ideas of a letter that i could do for her? im nt very good with letters at all

I would keep it very simple and to the point. Some thing along the lines:

It is with regret that I write to you, concerning the kind of behaviour demonstrated by your daughter on.... at..... She hurt the cat quite badly and she/he required the attention of the vet which cost us £.......

The the incident was deliberate, not an accident and demonstrated behaviour that I can not tolerate in my setting. I also feel that i do not have your support in addressing this behaviour. This makes it very difficult for me to contiue the care of your daughter.

I have a Duty of Care to all the children in my care, my own children? and myself.

I therefore regret to inform you that I am giving you .... weeks notice in line with the terms of the contract we signed on....... This will mean that xxxxx fees will be due by the end of the contract.

Aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear ***

After last week's incident I do not feel that I am able to offer care for your daughter moving forward. Please take this letter as notice of termination of our contract as from ***. The last day of minding will be *** and the agreed contracted fees of *** will still be due on ****.

Please remember that it is your responsibility to inform tax credits that our contract is ending - you can contact them on 0845 300 3900.

Yours sincerely

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you feel threatened in your own home by her abuse again. Logg it in with the police. This means you already have it in place if she complains to Ofsted and i think then you could terminate without notice.

You have the right to be treated with respect do NOT put up with it one instance longer.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As others have said - ring the NCMA they have helped me with wording of letters in the past - had a mother who was very aggressive in the way she spoke to me in front of my daughter before Xmas - rang NCMA who logged my enquiry (for evidence) and I wrote it up in the back of my NCMA accident/incident book and my Ofsted inspector yesterday said that was fine.

Good luck and glad to hear Charlie will be OK

Post Thanks / Like

all l wan't to do is give you and your cat a big HUG hopefully your nightmare with this family to be sorted very soon can't believe an 12 yr old girl could be so cruel

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

just thought i would let u no i booted her and her mother put in a complaint to ofsted saying i was being unreasonalble they came out and agreed with everything hahaha

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering how things were going.

Well done for standing your ground and glad Ofsted have taken your side.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Ok, this might be a bit contovertial, but i do think that mother thinks because you are a childminder that equates to "slave". A few years ago i stayed in the home of a Turkish friend in Fetiyeh for a week and they had a nanny and the way they treated her was disgusting and they said it was because she only looked after the children and did some cleaning so was not a "worthy person" i was so at that.
    Felt really uncomfortable after that and also Turks do not like cats, they treat them as vermin...i think that's why she was so offhand about Charlie.
    Its really difficult dealing with other cultures as we have to bend backwards for them but they don't or wont understand ours
    Whether this is correct or not, no-one has the right to undermine a childminder in her own home the way that this lady has been. Different cultures do have different ideas but there comes a point where it is not acceptable in any way shape or form. Sorry Ripeberry, i know you are just giving background info and not sticking up for this woman.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12