Hand dryer in the bathroom - one step too far?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hand dryer in the bathroom - one step too far?

Ive got one. Got fed up of the older ones and their wet towels. The little ones always go in with me to wash their hands and they are scared of the noise so wont use it. I usually set it off with my bum when I turn around whilst seeing to one of them
    Annie x

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one too - with some grant money a couple of years ago!
    I've had a couple of kids who have been afraid of it it initially so they had individual towels. However within a few weeks they were using it and now love it!!

There is concern about germs being blown into the air but my argument for using one is that I don't have space for each child to have individual towels, and secondly paper towels aren't very environmentally friendly.

If you have the chance to get one, go for it!
    Plus it's a talking point at parties!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an awesome hand dryer which cost me nothing to impress ofsted

Ooohh...I can stand the bad spelling and the text speak we sometimes see on talk boards, but calling a hand dryer "awesome"....thats just like..."nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo"!!!!

Sx

Apr 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If its for ofsted its a gamble as to who walks through your door anyway. My friend went to all the effort of getting individual towels on labelled pegs etc and the inspecter said just put a roll of kitchen roll in there. You can never win lol.

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Its a good idea in principle, but i agree it might be difficult for younger ones to use?

My DD is nearly 6 and i wouldnt say she uses the ones in public loos properly!!! (mind you she is a lazy madam!!)

And i have to say i would never have one in my toilet...sorry no offence but i wouldnt have that, and i wouldnt have a paper towel dispenser, this is MY home and i dont want it to resemble a public convenience!!!
    All my local minders ordered job lot of paper towels between them and are now talking about getting dispensers too. I agree I don't want my bathroom looking like a public loo.

I've got different coloured towels on hooks and that's what I'm sticking with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12