Not sure if i need to inform Ofsted?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Not sure if i need to inform Ofsted?

Unfortunatly me and my partner our splitting up and he will be moving out of our home (if he ever goes) do i need to inform Ofsted of this? what if he decided to come back? also what if in a few years time i met someone else..... (doubt that will ever happen though as ive had it with men!!!)

Any advice welcome as after 3 weeks of tears im now thinking logically and need to get organised for me and my kids. ( i have no mindees at present by the way)

Thanks Hayley xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not sure if i need to inform Ofsted?

Sorry to hear that Hayley.

You can phone ofsted for advice.
    I don't think you would really need to tell them straight away after all he has had a CRB check done and whether he leaves or not shouldn't make too much difference to Ofsted.

In regards to someone else moving in eventually, they would need to have an enhanced CRB check carried out.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor you! I remember when my ex left it was a truly awful time.

I rang Ofsted to let them know he wasn't in the house any more and they put a note on my records.

When I met someone else, he was just a boyfriend and visited occasionally after work... not enough to worry about him coming into contact with the minded children etc.

Later when it got more serious (about 3 years later... I was a tough nut to crack lol) I told Ofsted that someone might sometimes be around and they just noted it in my records.

later again he decided to join me in the business helping with the after schoolies. Then he was CRB checked (but he already had 3 from previous jobs so we weren't worried!)

Sending hugs xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

no advice, just thinking of you, and hope everything is ok xxx

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, i will wait until he has left then before i contact them, but the more i nag him about going the more he's being sturborn and wont leave (yet he's the one who wants to leave me). so glad i dont have mindees yet as i couldnt bear them being around me and suffering as im still abit raw as he is being verbally agressive, playing mind games and him and his parents are bullying me so i would hate them to round this atmosphere, its bad enough my kids are around it. He is also saying he is going to tell his solicitor im an unfit mother because i have loads of unwashed clothes in the airing cupboard...... thats the last thing i need because ofsted will probably take my cert off me wont they?

Sorry for going on, just worrying abit as i feel i have no control at the mo. I live 50 miles from my family, only have 1 friend here (my neighbour) his family seem to thrive of the fact i have no-one for support.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending big hugs hun at this difficult time xxx

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Someone I know got pulled up by Ofsted for not letting them know that one of her grown up children had moved out of the family home!

Cx

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    So sorry you are going through this. I am sure that you are a wonderful mother - hands up anyone who has all their washing up to date? Hands up any man who has his washing up to date for that matter - NONE!!

Take no notice - chuck him out and get on with your life - sounds like you will be much better off without him. Sorry, probably shouldn't have such an opinion when i don't know you but i have an ex and i think they're probably all the same - ' s

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebs71 View Post
    Sorry for going on, just worrying abit as i feel i have no control at the mo. I live 50 miles from my family, only have 1 friend here (my neighbour) his family seem to thrive of the fact i have no-one for support.

You have lots of support here
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, i will wait until he has left then before i contact them, but the more i nag him about going the more he's being sturborn and wont leave (yet he's the one who wants to leave me). so glad i dont have mindees yet as i couldnt bear them being around me and suffering as im still abit raw as he is being verbally agressive, playing mind games and him and his parents are bullying me so i would hate them to round this atmosphere, its bad enough my kids are around it. He is also saying he is going to tell his solicitor im an unfit mother because i have loads of unwashed clothes in the airing cupboard...... thats the last thing i need because ofsted will probably take my cert off me wont they?

Hmmm I have loads of unwashed clothes in the basket , I have loads of unironed clothes in the ironing basket , I have loads of unwashed dishes in the dishwasher.......................
    oh yeah ! everything normal then
    Social services won't care about such nonsense , they will care that the kids are being looked after well,as I'm sure you do.
    He's the one causing them stress !

(((hugs)) We are here whenever you need to chat.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, what a predicament! I hope he goes as soon as possible! So you can move on with your life in a positive manner, without his nonsense.

I would phone Ofsted when he has well and truly gone, and your home is your own.

Thinking of you and sending you a big hug!!!
    Jen

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    Hmmm I have loads of unwashed clothes in the basket , I have loads of unironed clothes in the ironing basket , I have loads of unwashed dishes in the dishwasher.......................
    oh yeah ! everything normal then
    Social services won't care about such nonsense , they will care that the kids are being looked after well,as I'm sure you do.
    He's the one causing them stress !

(((hugs)) We are here whenever you need to chat.
    Sounds familiar! He's playing mind games....ignore them! We're here for you.
    Blaze x

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to send hugs your way - hope you are ok x

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs your way. Take no notice of the dig about the washing - if that's all he can pin on you you can't be doing too badly.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do hope you are not doing any of his washing or ironing. Keep strong, our thaughts are with you.

dec 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had all of this 8 years ago. It took me 6 months of pure hell before my ex would leave. I had the same threats and more. Don't worry about the washing etc, just look after your children. To be an unfit mother you have to be a drunk, junkie or abusing your children (that's what my solicitor told me). It's just threats.

As you've no mindees at the moment, there is no need to let Ofsted know, but it may be a good idea so that they have it on their records in case some busybody informs them.

Chin up, life afterwards is great. It gets better and better (well has done for me!!)

Thinking of you. X

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

take care, we're always here for you
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are here for you, would you like me to forward pictures of my washing basket, ironing mountain ? all perfectly normal, dont rise to it, if thats all he can find to have a go then you are doing a fab job
    x helen

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time honey.

Just wanted to say that we're all here for you, sending you hugs x x

Katickles

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet its all his washing tho, coz im bloomin sure if I was in the same position, I wouldnt be doing his bloomin washing,
    He could always take it to his mums..
    And as for his parents, well they can have him back home!!
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast