Planning.....do i need to do ....not sure.....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning.....do i need to do ....not sure.....

At the moment I look after 2 children but my working hrs with them are 6pm till 9pm up to twice a wk, I pick them up from after school club...as until now I havent done any weekly or monthly plans.... but after reading about planning on here, im now wondering if i should, I just feel i only have them for a max of 3hrs in one evening which consists of dinner/homework and by 8pm they are a sleep..... Can anyone advice on weather i really should be doing plans....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Planning.....do i need to do ....not sure.....

I wouldn't worry too much as you are catering to their needs and thats fine.

If you did do written plans I suspect it would be a waste of time as whatever you plan just wouldnt get done.

I asked my inspector last week how much they expected to see by way of planning/evidence for before/after schoolers and she just said that as long as I am catering for my after schoolers needs, even if that means letting him flop in front of tv to unwind (her words!) then thats fine. At the end of a busy day they dont want or needs structured activities.

Hope that helps!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No planning needed - your routines are your EYFS, just make sure you know which part when Ofsted ask.
    Debbie

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to u both for that has put my mind at rest......I am doing my eyfs with my youngest mindee and when i had my ofsted inspection she was really happy with want i had already done in the short space of time i have with these children.....