Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: List of toys for Mrs OFSTED

I have come up with the solution to Sarah, she isn't one person there are at least a dozen clones of her working on all our problems at once, that can be the only solution surely?
    Teacake2

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

well i've met her a couple of times and she looks like just one person

but i may be wrong

Post Thanks / Like

I think she has her own little workshop of elves all busy writing ebooks as we speak

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just want to say thank you for putting this thread on and to Sarah and everyone else that has given replies.

You have no idea how useful this is going to be to me - I've been really worried about how to sort my toys and list them etc ready for my Ofsted visit (to the point of putting off doing it as I was sure I'd get it wrong )

The week after Christmas I will be putting all my own kids toys in their bedrooms and getting down to sorting the toys and hopefully getting some things in the sales. I now have this thread to refer to and don't need to worry anymore I love this forum!

Carole x

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have many outdoor toys but what would these come under using the 6 areas of learning?

Outdoor toys
    See saw
    Trampoline
    Swing ball
    Space hoppers
    Bouncy castle
    Trikes
    Sand table

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    I dont have many outdoor toys but what would these come under using the 6 areas of learning?

Outdoor toys
    See saw
    Trampoline
    Swing ball
    Space hoppers
    Bouncy castle
    Trikes
    Sand table
    All physical development for the sake of a list.

But of course if children are sharing the sand toys, that's PSED ... if they are making pictures in the sand that's CD... if they are pretending the trampoline is a stage and putting on a production that's linked with CLL and PSED... if they are investigating a ladybird that's sitting on your trike, that's KUW... if they are parking their trike no 3 in numbered bay no 3, that's PSR&N... etc

Pipsqueak Guest

Sarah - I do reckon you would make the perfect Ofsted inspector - you would be knowledgeable, fair, understanding. lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Sarah - I do reckon you would make the perfect Ofsted inspector - you would be knowledgeable, fair, understanding. lol
    Ooooo thanks for that Pip.

I wonder if there's a job opening?

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

most ofsted inspectors are ex childminders

Mar 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently had my ofsted inspection and received outstanding in all areas. I like you all are spent ages sorting my toys, making them accesible and such and do you know the inspector didnt even look at them. In my report she says I have a wide selection of books, I dont know how she knew that as she didnt even look at them. The only real play thing she looked at was my treasure basket which included lots of natural things as well as a survival blanket and a real grapefruit. Obviously was delighted at the result but if only she knew how I'd spent ages wiping each one in antibac till 2 in the morning prior to the inspection!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lushy78 View Post
    I recently had my ofsted inspection and received outstanding in all areas. I like you all are spent ages sorting my toys, making them accesible and such and do you know the inspector didnt even look at them. In my report she says I have a wide selection of books, I dont know how she knew that as she didnt even look at them. The only real play thing she looked at was my treasure basket which included lots of natural things as well as a survival blanket and a real grapefruit. Obviously was delighted at the result but if only she knew how I'd spent ages wiping each one in antibac till 2 in the morning prior to the inspection!
    That just shows how much it depends on the inspector doesn't it?

Mine looked at everything!

Congratulations on your outstanding lushy78

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    That just shows how much it depends on the inspector doesn't it?

Mine looked at everything!
    Thats the one i'll get, she'll look at everything and she will pick up on something I have forgot to do!! Do the ask about being registered with ICO?

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya,

Was just looking at this thread which is fantastic. Just one query tho - would you list all different items e.g. all of the board games that you own?

Thanks

J
    x

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone who has poted in this, this thread will help me alot as this is the one thing i haven't quite finished

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done a list, but had decided that I was going to photograph everything and make a 'catalogue' for the children to choose from, this thread has been great as I am now going to put them under the areas of learning.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mine in the 6 areas of development too, but in addition to that, I have a list for baby toys, diversity items, garden, and a separate one for musical instruments too (although I could put them under creative).

I have another set of lists that split into numeracy, literacy, science, humanity/topic, music and art on which I detail toys for kids out of EYFS.

Some items appear on more than one list, but the lists are working lists that I use, and are not solely for the use of OFSTED - although I do show her.

(PS: Is it always a Mrs OFSTED or are there some Mr OFSTEDS too?)

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Toys for Mrs OFsted

Just want to say thanks to everyone for some fab ideas on how to list they masses of toys and other resources I've aquired over the years. I'm waiting (not so patiently for Mrs Ofsted to send me my certificate) and want to get everything organised before I accept my first mindee.

I think listing everything under the 6 areas of learning is a great idea and makes it a useful working list and not just something to fill and show the lovely inspector when they visit.

I'm really hoping my certificate arrives soon (I made my initial application back in November) as I'm chomping at the bit to use all the lovely topys that are stored neatly in the 'playroom'

Thanks for the ideas peeps

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I found this thread, I have just photographed some of my 0-12 month toys before putting them back in storage (lo left last week and I'm gutted) and have just started my first toy catalogue and was thinking of splitting them by age, but after reading this, I am going to split by the 6 areas as it seems to be more of a working document rather than a long list. so a big thank you for saving me a lot of work
    Sandy
    xx

sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

This does makes sense to do a list like this it will make life easier and it's a great check list to make sure you have enough resources.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12