Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Regional Variation in Fees

I'm one of the lowest in my area at £3.60!

Going rate £3.50-£5 per hour (well have to pay for their posh houses somehow lol)

I include all trips and outings, I provide all snack/drinks ect, they bring packed lunch

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

most people charge around £2.50 - £3.00 (Lincs coast). I charge £3 and do a wrap around care for £50 a week which is 8.00-9.00 and then 3.20-6pm including an evening meal. or £40 for after school only.
    Caroline

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Regional Variation in Fees

Hi

I visited a web site ages ago that gave a rough guide to the rates for childminders in areas all over the country, but i can't for the life of me remember where i saw it...could have been on www.directgov.com or something to that effect or may even have been the ncma site.

I charge and hourly rate, daily rate and weekly rate, this differs for school holiday and after school care. (take a look at my website if you like, its all on there how i work it out)

Unfortunately without knowing exactly what site to look at, i think it boils down to reasearch.... I found out what the nursery's in my area were charging (which is quite alot!!) and worked my pricing out accordingly. Charge what you think is reasonable.....but make sure its what you deserve!!

Hope you get it sorted!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking £25 (8am-6pm to include lunch, snacks, drinks) then a CM at school said NO ONE round here charges that much (some do I've checked the CIS)

She said I only only charge £21. Turns out for that £21 get you 8am-4pm and bring your own packed lunch.

Her daily rate works out at £2.62 and mine .............. £2.50!!!!! she needs to get hereself a calculator
    Buttons xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminders where I live charge roughly £4-5 per hour. I charge an hourly rate of £4.50 per hour full time and £5.00 per hour part time.

Apparantly there is one childminder in my area who is supposed to charge £9 per hour. How she gets away with that I don't know!!

Jules

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont sell yourself short!

When I first started I though I should charge £3 because a lot of minders around me chrge £3 - some charging £3.50 some £4 but some at £2.75. I went for £3.50 an hour and to be honest I think £3.50 is cheap, regardless of area! Why should location matter? minimum wage is the same all over the country and to be honest I think that a fairer system should be in place for childminders. I wish I could charge £5 an hour - the sad fact is that a lot of it comes down to price for parents because they have financial aspects to think about too.

I wouldnt worry about being new too much, dont make your prices cheap just becuase you are only just starting out. But yes, you do have to keep in line with other minders around you.

xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12