Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 seater which one?

im in desperate need of 7 seater now, can anyone tell me which is a better insurance bracket , fuel, and tax.
    I usually buy a car on the colour and look but need to be sensible this time

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 7 seater which one?

money wise the zafira is good but the boot is very very tiny when all seats r up and most pushchairs wont fit in it

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased I came across this thread as I am in desperate need of a 7-seater as well. I have looked at the Zafiras and they looked okay to me. I didn't try and fit the pushchair in though.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my zafira. I was going to get an estate 5 seater but for about £1000 more I got the zafira and now I couldnt live without it. Just ahving the 1 extra seat is a massive help and then enough boot space for the buggy. i mangaed to get a cheap stroller off ebay that fits in the boot with all seats up for the holidays and another childmidner managed to find a double to fit in hers (new style) and I think on the newer one theres the seats that can turn into booster seats.

well worth the money if money is tight but if its not then the larger people carriers may be better re boot space

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will take the pushchair to the showroom and try it out for space before I decide. Thanks for the tip

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager which is fab. Huge boot, big interior, lovely to drive BUT very very thirsty on petrol and the tax is SOOOO expensive. But it is a lovely car.
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have a Toyota Lucida Jap import.

Deisel... 8 seater ... big boot ... not too guzzling on the fuel ... 2 wheel drive so cheaper tax ...

Very happy with it

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Renault Scenic. Its quite good on fuel and average for tax. Its really spacious and I can fit a stroller along with book / pe bags and lunchboxes in the boot with all the seats upright. The best thing about it is, I can put the kids in the car and walk into the back from the drivers seat to do their seat belts up securly.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Jan 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very lucky as we have a Volvo XC90 which is a really nice luxury car but not the best economically however I did used to have a Seat Alhambra which was actually pretty good on the money side and a fab car, it drove really nice and had enough room in the back once the seats were up to have as a boot, they are deffo bigger than a Zafira and I think cheaper - they are like the Galaxy but with the Seat Logo and few other better bits - I really liked it and would get another......just to give you another idea/option ;-)
    Kel

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a zafira too and i love it but have to admit its not great on boot space!!

My sil had a kia sedona. Tons of space, sliding doors, even had integrated dvd players fitted as standard!!

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I loooove my Hyanduai Trajet!!

It has room behind the 6th and 7th seats for a double buggy and bags!

It had a better review than the Zafira, Sedona, Espace etc and was miles cheaper.
    However, I passed the word around and now they are quite hard to come by 2nd hand!
    there were 4 at my old school as we were all so impressed!

You can remove the 6th and 7th seats to make the car lighter if there is only 4 of you. - I found this handy when not minding and very easy to put them back in.

If youcan find one, I'd def reccommend it.

Rachel x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Hi at the mo i have my sporty peugeot 206-love it but obviously i can.t use that, i also drive a shogun but we are looking at the new zafira, not much help am i really xx

JUN 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyg View Post
    I am very lucky as we have a Volvo XC90 which is a really nice luxury car but not the best economically however I did used to have a Seat Alhambra which was actually pretty good on the money side and a fab car, it drove really nice and had enough room in the back once the seats were up to have as a boot, they are deffo bigger than a Zafira and I think cheaper - they are like the Galaxy but with the Seat Logo and few other better bits - I really liked it and would get another......just to give you another idea/option ;-)

I have just bought a Seat Alhambra - I've only had it a couple of weeks and I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Galaxy and love it. Although still not big enough to get 9 children home from school We have integrated DVD and my children love it. Don't use this for mindees though. The boot space is OK but I usually have one seat out which leaves me plenty of room for buggys and shopping. Ours is diesel so fairly economical.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 8 seater Toyota Previa. I love the space and the seats move backwards and forwards and give me flexibility depending on which size of person is in the seat.

Petrol is more than my old Zafira but the space it offers is far better. Tax not much difference and insurance 1 grade higher

Would buy again myself but they stopped making them after 02.
    Debbie

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    "GOOD"
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 seater Renualt Espaces it is a turbo Deisel, not much space to put a large pushchair with all seats in but you can get a single / double umbralla pushchair in between the back 2 seats or you can if you are not using one of the back seats either fold it up or take it out then you can get a large pushchair in.

It is not too bald on the fuel as it is deisel but does alot better on longer journey.

Shirl

Aug2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 8 seater Peugeot 806.

With all 8 seats in use I can fit my Phil and Ted with double kit and the dog in her cage in the boot.

Mines an automatic so it's a bit of a gas guzzler but the ones with the complicated gear stick are a lot cheaper to run!
    Lucy

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

VW Sharans are bigger than vw Touran more boot space.
    One life live it

Post Thanks / Like

I have a serena. It is old and the boot space is limited but you can collaspe either of the back seats very easily. I like it cos its just the size of a car, very slim nut you can get 8 in it, although two are in lap straps. I would love to buy a new one if I had the money but they don't make them anymore.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I have a Renault Scenic. Its quite good on fuel and average for tax. Its really spacious and I can fit a stroller along with book / pe bags and lunchboxes in the boot with all the seats upright. The best thing about it is, I can put the kids in the car and walk into the back from the drivers seat to do their seat belts up securly.
    I have the grand scenic 7 seater one I love it and it looks fab lol

errmmm hubby pays for tax and stuff so not sure lol, not too bad though I don't think haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast