Tapestry
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tapestry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tapestry

Does anyone use Tapestry? I havent worked out how to switch from the EYFS 2017-2020 observations to the EYFS 2021 to link observations to it. Has anyone done this?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry, don't use it!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use it either, sorry.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it and you have to go to your settings then 'Flags' and enable EYFS 2021 then when you write up and observation you 'pick a flag' if you want to link it to an area of development. I don't like the new system compared to the old. Hope that helps
    Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I use it and you have to go to your settings then 'Flags' and enable EYFS 2021 then when you write up and observation you 'pick a flag' if you want to link it to an area of development. I don't like the new system compared to the old. Hope that helps
    Thanks PD that's really helpful. I'm not getting on well with it at all, I used to really like it! Im wondering whether to not renew when it comes round to renewing. its so expensive too.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks PD that's really helpful. I'm not getting on well with it at all, I used to really like it! Im wondering whether to not renew when it comes round to renewing. its so expensive too.
    If you didn't renew, what would you miss about it? (I'm just curious, as I think it's a bit like marmite.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    If you didn't renew, what would you miss about it? (I'm just curious, as I think it's a bit like marmite.)
    I wouldn't miss it at all I don't think Maza, I just feel like the parents like it. But seeing as OFSTED didn't ask or look at it it does seem very expensive for what is essentially photos with a comment! What do you use?

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I still do daily handwritten daily diaries - a bit old fashioned, but they work for me. I also send whatsapp photos (not everyday, just do a photo dump to each parent about once a fortnight, no captions). I send parents a rough plan at the beginning of each month with next steps added on.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I also, still do daily handwritten diaries, until the child is 3. I can write quicker than i can type! They live on the side, and scribble in then during the day.

I send photos by WhatsApp.. usually daily but generally when i remember/ have a moment to do so.

I use 2 simple/ evidence me for observations and send those to parents every 2 months. I don't do many, but parents like it. However, my subscription expires in about 15 mths, so I'm not sure if I'm going to carry on... but i like the ease of being able to print out photos for LJs! I just need an app or ??? That i can quickly send photos for each child to, add a brief comment and then print them out when needed! Any app developers put there! i did try just creating documents with photos, but that required me to download photos to laptop and then faff with getting them on a sheet of paper etc!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 16-07-2023 at 06:29 PM.

12. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the diary section on Tapestry as a couple of parents really like that and being able to quickly read it rather than remembering paper diaries which I used to do. I do send photos via WhatsApp to some parents as that's what they preferred when I sent out a questionnaire about communication. It takes more time though as I end up writing bits up at the end of the day as it has to be done via the laptop.

My Tapestry is due for renewal next month, I think I will be cancelling it as I don't use it as much as before but I really need to get a plan in place re observations etc as I like to have something written down to look back at and use for planning etc. I do know the children very well and where they are in their learning etc but for me personally I need something written down. Like you say at my last inspection they didn't want to look at any written observations etc.
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post