National Restrictions In England Will End On 2nd December?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default National Restrictions In England Will End On 2nd December?

I heard that national restrictions in England will end on 2nd December, is that true? From next Wednesday people will be able to leave their home for any purpose, with precautions. they will later announce which areas will fall into which tier. What's the status in your area? What are your plans for Christmas?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read the details yet, but I do believe the current restrictions will end on 2nd December and be replaced by a new tier system. I think they said they'd announce later in the week which areas are in which tiers. We've got a high rate of infections here so I'm guessing we'll be in one of the higher tiers.

For Christmas Day we're planning our usual family gathering - DH & I and our grown up children, maybe a couple of their partners. We don't have any other family locally so don't have to worry about whether or not we can see them! We probably won't see any friends over Christmas but will spread our time between our children's houses. I think it'll be a lot quieter than normal.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are in tier 2 at the moment. Got a feeling we will move up to tier 3 as Orpington comes under the London boroughs although we have a fairly low rate at the moment. Youngest daughter is hoping to go to her dads in thirsk, Yorkshire for xmas and DD1 and family were hoping to go up for new year. So xmas day will just be me and partner plus a family friend who is living with us at the moment. So things won’t be much different for me and I’m actually pleased that I don’t have lots of friends or family to visit this year so I won’t have to say no to seeing them

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We were tier 1 ... no idea what they'll do with us now! we did have a peak in infection, but it's coming down again now i believe in our area, although its still pretty high at the coast

I was looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home with just us .... ( about 30/40 mins away from Thirsk Sylvia! ) but it looks like we're heading south to see family ( but not everyone, just a select few ) we'll be away 3/4 days, but once home, i'm not planning on particularly seeing anyone! ... however, if someone/anyone is having to isolate, then all plans are OFF!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It will just be DH, DD and me for Christmas. I am also looking forward to having an excuse not to have to travel to see certain relatives. I will miss seeing some members of my family though. It will be our 'first' Christmas in our new home. Technically it's our second Christmas, but last year we had to go and stay in a big house that DH's family had rented out (they don't live in the UK but were over for Christmas last year). We spent Christmas eve driving there, so didn't experience the magic of Christmas eve, and then couldn't leave until the 27th. They are VERY different people to us and it just didn't work.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

COVID-19 Winter Plan - summary - GOV.UK

The actual tiers will be announced on Thursday im expecting to be in tier 3
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even remember which way it goes - is tier three the highest with most restrictions? Or is it the other way around and 1 is the highest?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think tier 3 is highest?

9. Likes Maza liked this post