Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Existing Injury Forms

Morning.

How are you all managing existing injury forms during the pandemic?

Mindee fell over last night at home and has cut his lip. Mum sent me a WhatsApp giving details and a photo. He's fine, but obviously I need to record it. I have filled out my usual existing injury form and signed it myself. Do I need to get parent to sign it during the pandemic or can I refer to the WhatsApp message on the form instead of them physically signing it?

I know we pass the child back and forth between each other, but after a mini scare last week with testing I want to minimise physical contact as much as I can with the parents.

Will the form (unsigned by parents) and the WhatsApp message be enough to cover me in terms of insurance and Ofsted?

Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

With any forms I’ve had to get parents to sign, I’ve emailed them a copy and asked them to print it out at home. They then sign it and put it in the child’s bag to return it.

I’d have thought a form completed by you and a WhatsApp message should be enough to cover you, but you could always check with your insurance company. I’m sure settings where they use an online system don’t get physical signatures.

3. Likes Maza liked this post