Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default finger prints/ hand prints

Patio doors...

For those of you who have them - are they covered in handprints from your mindees? Or mouth prints where they have licked/kissed the doors?

Do I just accept this as part of the job? Is it a pipe dream to think that I can train the little toddlers into not touching them? Is that mean?

I don't mind really, but am curious as to what others do.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my pet hates! I put up with it in the house but I say no to drawing in the condensation in the car as I never seem to be able to get rid of it.

3. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes a lot more work doesn't it when we have a lot of glass. I have a porch that has little square glass panes and lo's have to be told not to draw on it as it stays there after the steamed up part has gone. I then have the same on the kitchen doors that lead to the conservatory and why do they like to kiss/lick it ugh! then my doors to the garden from the conservatory again are glass. Then there's my dog who when he wants to come in from the garden scrabbles on the glass with muddy paws and he breathes all over the lounge window when he's doing his guard duty and barks at any dog, human or car going past. So all in all I'm always cleaning glass!!

5. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    One of my pet hates! I put up with it in the house but I say no to drawing in the condensation in the car as I never seem to be able to get rid of it.

We don't have that problem indoors as no low down windows but the car is a different story ! My DH has got annoyed on several occasions when smiley faces and general finger marks have appeared on the car windows !
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your replies have made me laugh! I don't drive so that's one less problem, and my mindee hates mark making of any kind, so he won't be drawing smiley faces, lol. It's just the licking and the general touching of the patio doors.

I don't mind too much on the patio doors leading to the garden, but we have just recently had a porch built at the front. The glass is (well, was) soooo clean because it was new. Mum sent mindee to blow me a kiss at collection and he walked right up to my porch door and planted his mouth and hands right on it. As he was approaching I was thinking, surely she'll stop him before he gets there, but no. I could see what would happen from a mile off but wasn't in a position to intervene. We'd literally had the door a couple of days at that point. No harm done, but irritating all the same. I did speak to them about it in a nice way, but I wish they wouldn't put us in that position in the first place. He did a similar thing but with just his hands a couple of days later and I had to mention it again. Wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable or not. I think they get it now. They are so lovely, but I wish mum wouldn't draw out collection time.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My father in laws partner was an ofsted inspector ( for schools ) and she says dust/condensation/flour on the floor etc are all opportunities for mark making I love her!

I have old french windows with small panes of glass in my kitchen, out to the garden and they are dreadful with handprints/licks/cat paws and goodness knows what else on them! ( last year we painted them .... that stained the woodwork too! oops! ) DH does moan about it a bit, along with handprints on doors/door frames/kitchen cupboards/walls ... I do clean, but they frequently re-appear! when he moans too much, I offer to give up work .... he soon gets over it !!!!

11. Likes Maza liked this post