Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Printing out Photos

Do you all still print out photos? With whatsapp I am less inclined to do so. I don't print photos of my own child and I don't think my teachers EVER had any photos of me and I did ok!

However, I will occasionally want to print some, maybe for a name card for self registration, or to make a book/resource that we use over and over, but I don't want to create a photo album for parents type of thing. Ofsted are not particularly interested in learning journeys apparently. Clearly I am trying to justify not printing photos!

Do you still print some/none/loads/less than in days gone by?

What are cheap ways of printing them?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I print a fair few! ( but not as many as i did! )

i like 'free prints' app ... 45 free photos a month, and then its only 9p or something for more. ( or if you want 2 of the same, you can only get one free! ) They do bigger sizes and are decent quality and come quick enough.

I also use snapfish and make photo books for each year. I do like to put a photo of each child on the front of their LJ, and also it has the occasional photo inside! sometimes if i've taken a particularly cute photo, i might print a copy for the parents!

I use photos of each child for a 'self registration board ' ... but we're not doing that at the moment, and i also have a selection of photos printed out and laminated that are blutacked to one of my cupboard doors showing all the different children ( if i can manage it! ) and memorable times ... holding a frog, in a tree etc,a nd also just playing. The children all enjoy looking at them and talking about the photos, and also who is in them! I also have a few 'group' shots, of all of us on a day out.

I print out photos of our family and send copies to grandparents/aunts who like to have/see them, and DD has A LOT of photos pinned up in her room on a 'washing line' of her and her friends.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, when I read your last paragraph, I thought you were talking about grandparents/aunts of your mindees! I was wondering why they would want pictures of your family.

I'll check out that app.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a notice board in my entrance hall with photos of the children doing various activities that I normally change out once a term, I print these out at home but they are only small photos but this used to be for parents to look at but as they no longer come in my porch it's a bit redundant now! We also have self registration photos which I print out but thats it as I do an online learning journey. I used to print out so much stuff even the odd newsletter I send it sent online now!
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to get my photos printed out at Costco, but I actually print very few out now. Any that I do print I do myself at home.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't print any really. Just occasionally for labelling things or if I make a photo collage of a day out etc.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I print out for learning journeys folders . FreePrints.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't print any, I do an online learning journal.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I thought of this the other day .... 2 of my little ones stood looking at the photos on the cupboard pointing out their friends and looking at places and talking about them. It was lovely.

16. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    pre-reG
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have a notice board in my entrance hall with photos of the children doing various activities that I normally change out once a term, I print these out at home but they are only small photos but this used to be for parents to look at but as they no longer come in my porch it's a bit redundant now! We also have self registration photos which I print out but thats it as I do an online learning journey. I used to print out so much stuff even the odd newsletter I send it sent online now!
    Almost everything is sent online now

18. Likes Maza liked this post