Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are your dustbins?

As I've mentioned, we've had a new fence recently and changed the position of our side gate. As a result, the dustbins have to move too. They used to be at the side of the house, out of view of the main road (so weren't an eyesore to passers by) but were separated from our play area by the side gate. Perfect.

Now though, the bins have to either be on our patio where we play, or at the side of the house which is still accessible by the children and somewhere they have to walk right past each morning to get to our back door (currently getting parents to come round to the back garden to drop mindees off instead of at the front door).

Hope that makes sense!

Anyway, I know I can train the children not to touch the bins, and we won't be playing right by them, but how strict are Ofsted with regards to dustbins? Am I reading too much into it?

Where are your dustbins and have parents or Ofsted ever mentioned them?

When I lived in my flat we didn't have this problem! We had a communal, gated bin shed away from my private garden.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ofsted would have to be very picky (or looking for something to pull you up on) to mention bins! My inspector didn't even come outside with us last time. I would not worry about it. Just RA as usual. We have to work with what house/garden layout we have.

3. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My bins are outside the front of my house in little alcove and everyone walks past them every time they come to the front door!

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are at the side of my house and a gate seperates the back garden from them. If using a double buggy I have to go past them as the buggy won't fit through the front door but as mentioned the inspectors don't seem bothered about the outside any more or even looking round the whole house - just the paperwork!

7. Likes Maza liked this post