Paperwork for over 8s
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paperwork for over 8s

As the title says, what paperwork do you have for over 8s?

Is it the same as for EYFS? Child record, contracts, permissions etc.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the same paperwork for every child regardless of age! Older ones, who might be walking home to me alone, I do get parents to sign to say not my responsibility until they arrive at my front door!
    .. but i haven't had any that do that for years. Likewise, I had a mobile phone usage ( basically not to be used! And kept in bag/ given to me ) but none of mine have them!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Loocyloo.

I have done all the same paperwork, just adapting some bits like not asking for the name of the health visitor, but asking for the school's details and teacher's name. It sounds like I've got everything I need

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do the same paperwork. Also do the walking home alone letter too. Loocyloo do you charge from the time they leave school or from when they get to your house as they are not your responsibility? I have a friend who charges from the time they get to hers saying they are not in her care until then.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Yes I do the same paperwork. Also do the walking home alone letter too. Loocyloo do you charge from the time they leave school or from when they get to your house as they are not your responsibility? I have a friend who charges from the time they get to hers saying they are not in her care until then.
    I used to charge from when they were due at mine, but I've not had a Mindee walk on their own since I moved 9 yrs plus years ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I have the same paperwork for every child regardless of age! Older ones, who might be walking home to me alone, I do get parents to sign to say not my responsibility until they arrive at my front door!
    .. but i haven't had any that do that for years. Likewise, I had a mobile phone usage ( basically not to be used! And kept in bag/ given to me ) but none of mine have them!
    Are they allowed to walk to you at the age of 8+ ?? I didn't know that.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Are they allowed to walk to you at the age of 8+ ?? I didn't know that.
    Ours are allowed to leave school alone with parental permission from about year 5. I usually encourage it from summer term of yr 5, then through yr 6, so that getting to and from high school/bus etc is not a trauma! That said, I'm usually collecting younger children and they still walk with me. And I charge from end of school!
    I don't know what/if ofsted have a rule, but I would say it's down to parental choice and also how the child feels about it.

10. Likes Pixie dust liked this post