Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Outings.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Outings.

Just wondering what others are doing regards outings.....we have been out on local walks but not ventured further in the car as when we first entered lockdown our LA had advised against taking mindees out in the car. As we are slowly heading towards a new normal have you taken little ones out in the car if so have you taken extra precautions spraying down car seats etc? I would like to start taking my little ones out further afield so just curious what others are doing.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

No ,been staying locally as advised by LA I don’t even go to the parks where other children are haven’t since March.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    No ,been staying locally as advised by LA I don’t even go to the parks where other children are haven’t since March.
    We haven't been to the park either and I live right next to a play park.
    Pixie Dust

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on your local situation and your parents. We're often at playgrounds now; indoor play things starting to open now and I have parents happy for me to go. School educational visits are now allowed. It's how you risk assess it, I guess, and how your children are. Mine generally stay close by, they wouldn't get close to strangers anyway. We clean hands all the time.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've been going out and about, generally early and avoiding large crowds. I'm not comfortable in playparks yet, as although my mindees seem to understand social distancing, a lot of other ( often older ) children don't !!!! ( and their parents don't seem to care ) we're generally outside, i'm not ready for soft play etc yet.

Lots of hand washing as usual. I do take wipes with me, which i haven't felt the need to use, but would, if needs be.

Minded children generally have their 'own' car seat that they always use in the car ( it is mine, but different types/styles of seats for different children ) If i need to swap a seat between children on different days, then i give it a quick squirt of anti viral/bac spray, but to be honest, as we are all the same 'bubble' at home, i don't know that i need to. I won't be using my car for school runs.

I'd love to meet up with some friends and their minded children, but none of us feel the time to right yet either.

I'm going to an open air event with the children in a couple of weeks, that will have potentially have lots of other children there ... but the organisers say they have it all sorted for social distancing ... so we'll see!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

New measures coming out today I believe.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    New measures coming out today I believe.
    Hiya, possibly a question I should know the amswer to, but where do we find the new guidance you mentioned? My mindees and I have not been anywhere besides the great outdoors/countryside we are lucky enough to have all around us.

Thanks

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't find guidance as on my phone, but we're still fine to take minded children out on outings/ in the car.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry thought there was going to be more new measures. New measures were only 6 people together . Sorry!

You can find new guidance on early years .gov.uk

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been out and about. In the summers hols, we went to places where we had to book slots so it was controlled numbers. Not as many trips but still had fun. We go to local parks that the children already use with parents. Country park walks are a good option too.