Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Poster - Why?

As we all know, we have to have the Ofsted poster on display. I always show parents my insurance certifiacate, first aid certificate etc etc and they are self explanatory. But what do you actually say about the Ofsted poster? I usually say that it gives them information about how to contact Ofsted if they have any concerns about their childcare or if they wish to make a complaint about me. I showed a family the poster the other day and we all had a polite giggle about me telling them how to complain before we had even started anything. Then, after the meeting I decided not to offer them a space (long story) and sent them an email explaining why. Nothing dodgy, just wasn't going to work for me. Then I had a mad moment thinking oh no, what if they put in a complaint about me and I put the idea in their head and showed them how to do it! ( They didn't they were lovely about it.)

Just out of interest, what do you say when you show the parents the Ofsted poster?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not actively 'show' them. It is in my portfolio folder that new parents flick through when visiting. It is on my entrance hall wall. Having a poster like that is an outdated idea anyway- I think most parents would just google to contact Ofsted!

3. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly - I did say that they could find it all out online anyway.

Yes, it used to be in my portfolio too, but I didn't want parents to have to flick through/touch my folder, so I had took the important bits out and had them spread out on the garden table so that they could just look at them. `

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s on my porch wall but I never point it out.

6. Likes Maza liked this post