June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parks

Good morning everyone.

Since March I haven’t taken my mindees to play parks keeping to fields , woods, river walks any where really away from lots of other people. I’ve been told by two local childminders they take their mindees to the park, what are your thoughts? I thought it best not to go so not mixing with others whilst in my care. One Childminder says well they go with their parents another I have a small garden.

Surely if your going to the play parks how can you keep children from not mixing on the equipment? Is it because the Childminder wants company?

Maybe I’m being too cautious. Let me know your thoughts do you go or stay away?
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 05-08-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with you Dragonfly I still haven't ventured out to the play park and actually live right next door to one, I have seen how busy it gets so I am not prepared to take the children yet. Mine do all visit parks with their families but thats their choice.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I walked past the playground in our park last week and it was absolutely full, full, full. I could hear other passers by tutting and gasping at what they could see, so I think the population is still split down the middle on whether they are safe or not, so you're definitely not alone Dragonfly in questioning their safety. I remember, when we used to have the 5pm daily briefings and the subject of playgrounds was brought up in the questions at the end. Playgrounds were still closed at that time. Dr Jenny Harris was convinced that they should remain closed for all the obvious reasons.

I don't have little ones at the moment, but we used to use playgrounds a lot, so it must be so hard not having them available. I think I would want to clear it with parents first if I did decide to use them.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been to two parks so far. They haven’t been busy. I tell the children that we might not be able to stay if it’s too busy. I wipe their hands and sanitise them often and we don’t stay long. And do all the usual hygiene routine when we get back. Parents are ok with me going. Apart from that we are doing walks near us. The nearest park to me is always busy in holidays but at the moment it’s so busy it’s bordering on dangerous which is the perfect example of a place we wouldn’t go in. We are finding that if we drive to one of our country parks it’s impossible to park as so many more people are using them.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

The park near me is so so busy.its okay saying the council are doing regular cleans but it’s just as busy in the evenings with teenagers drinking etc.i watched as I passed yesterday and there was no distancing from adults or children. Worrying.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think a lot of people have forgotten that we're still supposed to be social distancing, even when places are open again. They seem to think that if somewhere is open it's ok to come into close contact with everyone.

One of my sons went to the gym the other day for the first time in ages. He said there are signs up everywhere telling people to clean equipment after they've finished, but he said very few people did. He and his friend were cleaning equipment before and after they used it and he said that eventually prompted a few others to do the same.

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse - the gym/cleaning makes my husband's blood boil at the best of times. He hasn't been during the pandemic but would often moan about people who literally drip sweat on the machines and then walk away. He has not always managed to keep his mouth shut and has also complained to gym staff who should be monitoring the situation (especially in the current climate!) and should be pulling people up over it.

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post