Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mindee going to france

Hi All,

My mindee is going to France in a few weeks time for a holiday. Obviously quarantine is no longer required on return to the UK. I just wondered if any of you have measures in place for parents taking children abroad, or if you are just letting them return as per usual. I know the R rate is 1.2 over france, and some places as high as 2.5 (apprantly). I just wanted to know what the rest of you are doing about holidays, if anything.

Many thanks

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooo, tricky one.

I don't know is the honest answer! In fact, the only family out of my 'bubble' that is going on holiday is mine, and we're staying in UK!

I think, I would be tempted to tell them that IF R rate in France is still above 1, then you would like them to quarantine for 7 days from your setting, regardless of what the rules are, as we can set our own rules.

Good luck xx

3. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Ooo, tricky one.

I don't know is the honest answer! In fact, the only family out of my 'bubble' that is going on holiday is mine, and we're staying in UK!

I think, I would be tempted to tell them that IF R rate in France is still above 1, then you would like them to quarantine for 7 days from your setting, regardless of what the rules are, as we can set our own rules.

Good luck xx
    Thanks, yes thats exactly what I was thinking, and echos advice I have received from other people. I just dont want to come across as picky, but at the same time, I have other children, and my own family to think of.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s fair as you do need to think of your family and the other mindees.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I would agree also .