Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another lovely morning

Up since 4.30 am, lovely Wednesday morning. Off to see the cows and calves late morning after finishing Father’s Day crafts. What’s everyone else doing today.

Not all my children back yet some not back till September I’m embarrassed to say I’m enjoying not having so many

Hope everyone has a good day. And for all you hayfever sufferers you have my sympathy! It’s been high hasn’t it?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your morning Dragonfly.

It looks like I'm back to my normal 4 days a week from next week, so this is my last Wednesday lie in! I'll have to get up shortly as got a few jobs to do this morning. That is one thing I will find hard working 'normally... not being able to pop out to shops or post office etc, as I've said to parents that we will stay home for the time being. I might start adding local walks out in a few weeks.

I'm enjoying it being quieter too ... although 1 child on their own is hard work!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. It’s bright but very cloudy here in Kent. I’ve got 3 from 9 till 2.30 today. All boys and yesterday was spent asking them to stop play fighting and reminding them about distancing. Hoping for a calmer day today. Out for a walk this morning then something a bit constructive. Maybe watch a film after lunch. Have a good day evetyone

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been going for walks loocyloo,areas where less people like fields !

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m enjoying being quieter but want to be back up to full numbers by September. I’ll still only do 4 days a week though and I might drop my 7am start. I’ve been starting at 8.30 the last 2 weeks and it’s been lovely. My early starter is off to school in September so once he’s gone I think I’ll change my opening hours.

I haven’t got any firm plans for today. We’ll just go with the flow and see what happens. The weather looks a bit changeable so we’ll probably be in and out of the garden, dodging the rain

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, SYLVIA liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, I am missing going out with the little ones and am a bit jealous of everyone who has been out on walks with their little ones but our LA have told advised not to go out at all. I know its only advised but I feel that I should follow it as 4 of my children are funded and I don't want them getting funny if I go out and then something happens ! There seems to be so much advice going around at the moment about what you should or shouldn't be doing my head is starting to spin.

All my early years children are back but not the older ones who I am putting off until September.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Dragonfly, 4.30am!! Is that your normal get up time when you are working?

Pixie dust that's harsh being advised not to go out. Does it make the days seem very long? Really hard for those childminders without gardens.

Have any of you been getting enquiries from new families?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello two little people asleep,maybe heat is getting to them as very unusual for them to nap now. No usually 5.45am but since I get up very briefly when my husband does for work at 4.30 am thought I’d stay up today rather then go back to bed and doze.
    Gosh, we haven’t been advised not to go out. Think you have to be sensible no popping to the shop with children or any building really, just stay outside in fresh air away from people . Like I said river walks , woods, fields. Safer outside surely.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, we haven’t been advised not to go out. Think you have to be sensible no popping to the shop with children or any building really, just stay outside in fresh air away from people . Like I said river walks , woods, fields. Safer outside surely

We spend most of our day out in the garden as I am sure that it is better to be out in the fresh air, before lockdown we regularly went out to the woods/beach and park.I an understand it when lockdown first happened but not now that everything is relaxing now and people are going shopping etc.

Pixie dust that's harsh being advised not to go out. Does it make the days seem very long? Really hard for those childminders without gardens.
    Its not too bad to be honest as we have our daily routine and spend the majority of the day out in the garden anyway.

I haven't had any enquiries for September but then I don't really have any room until next September when I have 3 moving on to school.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been out to local woods and a field with trees to climb without putting children in the car. It takes up most of our mornings. I don’t think I could stay home all the time. I understand not going to parks or shops etc but out and about is good for everyone.
    I’ve had 3 enquiries for little ones but they all want a day that I don’t work. I really enjoyed my 10 weeks not working so I’m very reluctant to give up my day off.

15. Likes Maza liked this post