How is the government helping the childcare sector?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is the government helping the childcare sector?

That was a question just put to Boris Johnson on his live question and answer session.

It was put to him that a higher proportion of those furloughed are woman and that to get them back into work there is going to need to be a strong childcare sector to support them. He was asked what the government is doing to help the sector.

His reply was along the lines of:

Um yes, definitely. I do think, um, yes that's true. Well we are yes, it is. And we agree with that. So we are, yes, definitely. Um, yes. They need to get back to work.

Well, that's cleared that up for us then

2. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That was a question just put to Boris Johnson on his live question and answer session.

It was put to him that a higher proportion of those furloughed are woman and that to get them back into work there is going to need to be a strong childcare sector to support them. He was asked what the government is doing to help the sector.

His reply was along the lines of:

Um yes, definitely. I do think, um, yes that's true. Well we are yes, it is. And we agree with that. So we are, yes, definitely. Um, yes. They need to get back to work.

Well, that's cleared that up for us then

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Honestly could he fit in anymore umms.

The way he ignored the question im guessing the answer is the childcare sector is getting nothing. I would like to be proven wrong but i doubt i will.

I also saw the answer to the continuation of the self employed scheme was mmm uummm well there is bounce back loans and the generous universal credit. Well done to the mp who came back and said it wasnt generous.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I turned off after his comments (or lack of comments) on childcare. I really couldn't stand watching any more of his umming, ahhing and avoiding answering any question!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s annoying is that not only is the government not helping but every single update of supposed guidance on how to help us re-open is aimed at schools, preschools and nurseries. We are the ones in houses with smaller spaces to work in. He said that we can open to all families again but we need to put so much in place that it’s almost impossible to have them all back. I’m actually lucky that only 4 out of my 12 are coming back and the only problem is that they can’t all come on my school run at the moment

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

My nursery isn’t taking children from other settings.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoke to the last of my families today about returning. They want 9 till 5.15 but I can’t take them on the school run so they have said they will go home before the school run as they don’t want them mixing with the school children. Feel slightly sorry for the little girl going back to school then coming here on her own till she gets picked up.

Aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools and nurseries aren’t letting settings mix, not even after school clubs that are in the same school as the children it looks after! I have a parent choosing us over school due to work commitments. I don’t know what will happen in September when we have a little one supposed to be starting nursery. I feel the children are going to miss out as parents are having to make the choice between settings, if they have work commitments no wrap around care is going to cause problems.