Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Contracts?

Good afternoon.

I'm mulling over contracts due to news from pacey that they now have 'digital' contracts ... you buy one, and then you and the parent fill it in online, and it is saved 'somewhere'. You can print a copy off for your records. I'm uneasy about having stuff like that online, I much prefer paper copies!

I have always used pacey contracts, but they don't always seem to have the things I want on them! and they are expensive.

I've just been reading through the contracts on childcare.co.uk, and they look good. I like the idea of being able to personalise them, and there are maybe a couple of things I would add ( some of mine do different hours in term and holiday times, so i'd add a space for that )

I was then thinking, that as I would be changing contracts, it would be a good time to renew everyone's contracts ( in September ). Normally, we sign the initial contract, and then any changes to hours/days or anything, are covered by a 'contract amendment' form which references the original contract.

I have the childcare.co.uk insurance ... does it matter if my parents have pacey contracts? I've always presumed not, as it IS a signed legal contract.

what does anyone else do/use?

Thanks xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always used pacey contracts as my insurance is with pacey. I thought I had read somewhere that you should have the contracts from your insurance company - but I couldn't remember where I had read it. I was too 'scared' to use different contracts just in case, and so stuck with pacey contracts.

I prefer having basic things like contracts on paper. Whenever I get a new laptop I don't then need to bother checking that I have transferred every single thing onto my new laptop or a memory stick - or whatever modern way people do it now.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I always used pacey contracts as my insurance is with pacey. I thought I had read somewhere that you should have the contracts from your insurance company - but I couldn't remember where I had read it. I was too 'scared' to use different contracts just in case, and so stuck with pacey contracts.

I prefer having basic things like contracts on paper. Whenever I get a new laptop I don't then need to bother checking that I have transferred every single thing onto my new laptop or a memory stick - or whatever modern way people do it now.
    I've had pacey insurance up till recently, but as I get insurance as part of my gold membership of childcare.co.uk, I've moved to that ( it covers more as well! ) I still pay pacey membership though. I agree, I thought I'd read you should have your insurance companies contracts, but a signed contract would be enough.

I print out a fair few bits for new parents to fill in already, so adding the contract wouldn't be too much, and I also have a folder of 'hard copies'of blanks to copy if needs be.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the childcare.co contracts and think they are fine. I do have my insurance with them also but as a gold member I don't pay for them (not directly anyway) and I found the ones from Pacey were getting too expensive.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Chris, I'm a Gold member too xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I must admit I am no longer a paper filing person.
    We did so much online in my first life that I automatically carried that over to childminding. The parents signed online and I stored all my ‘paperwork’ on an online programme or a childminding external portable hardrive.

When I stopped it was easy to download everything from the programme on to the hard drive which is now stored in our locked archive drawer in the office. I am so glad, as I moved after I stopped, that I didn’t have paperwork to move.

In my new retirement life I have one file - the only paperwork in it is the annual council tax And my HMRC stuff. Though even my tax is online now. I have just kept the old file as DH still gets a P60 from the County and popped the council tax letter in it too. All important certificates, wills etc.. are in our archive drawer locked up.

I used to have a filing cabinet of paperwork but had a big bonfire before we moved.

So when I say office now...I really mean small room where our old computer and laptops live on an old desk and all our books...and the laminator.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I've had pacey insurance up till recently, but as I get insurance as part of my gold membership of childcare.co.uk, I've moved to that ( it covers more as well! ) I still pay pacey membership though. I agree, I thought I'd read you should have your insurance companies contracts, but a signed contract would be enough.

I print out a fair few bits for new parents to fill in already, so adding the contract wouldn't be too much, and I also have a folder of 'hard copies'of blanks to copy if needs be.
    Loocyloo, do you mind me asking why you still pay PACEY membership if you have your insurance with childcare.co.uk? You don't have to answer if you'd rather not.

I'm a bit irritated with PACEY at the minute and so am thinking of switching to childcare.co.uk. I've never been a gold member before but think I will - and it seems like good value if it includes insurance along with the training that I could access. I don't want to pay PACEY too though if childcare.co.uk doesn't cover everything. Sorry, I'm sure I'm being a bit thick.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo, do you mind me asking why you still pay PACEY membership if you have your insurance with childcare.co.uk? You don't have to answer if you'd rather not.

I'm a bit irritated with PACEY at the minute and so am thinking of switching to childcare.co.uk. I've never been a gold member before but think I will - and it seems like good value if it includes insurance along with the training that I could access. I don't want to pay PACEY too though if childcare.co.uk doesn't cover everything. Sorry, I'm sure I'm being a bit thick.
    Good question! and i don't mind at all.

I'm paying PACEY membership as I see it a bit like being in a 'union' and having a supporting professional body, and i have done a bit of training through them.

Childcare.co.uk offers training, and insurance, and help with finding jobs, but although I know Sarah Neville is involved in 'round table' chats, I don't know how much 'welly' childcare.co.uk has with Ofsted etc, and at least pacey is 'known'. I thought i'd carry on paying it for this year, and see how i feel in a years time.