Covid-19 school and early year closures?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was awake at 4 o’clock mulling things over.

I don’t think I’ll do very well out of this.

2 of my families have at least one teacher parent so they will be at home. To them I will be closed, so I can’t charge anything.
    Another mum will want me to have her son, but she’s not a key worker so I probably won’t be able to and can’t charge anything.
    Another 2 families each have one parent who is a key worker, but the other isn’t, so they can have the children at home.

My feeling is that if the children can stay at home they have to. I don’t want any parent bringing a child out unless they have no other option.

What I would hope is that the parents who are still being paid in full will consider still paying me, but I doubt they will. My bigger hope is that the government comes up with some decent financial support which means I can close completely and still keep spaces available for when children are allowed back.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I was awake at 4 o’clock mulling things over.

I don’t think I’ll do very well out of this.

2 of my families have at least one teacher parent so they will be at home. To them I will be closed, so I can’t charge anything.
    Another mum will want me to have her son, but she’s not a key worker so I probably won’t be able to and can’t charge anything.
    Another 2 families each have one parent who is a key worker, but the other isn’t, so they can have the children at home.

My feeling is that if the children can stay at home they have to. I don’t want any parent bringing a child out unless they have no other option.

What I would hope is that the parents who are still being paid in full will consider still paying me, but I doubt they will. My bigger hope is that the government comes up with some decent financial support which means I can close completely and still keep spaces available for when children are allowed back.
    I’m thinking the opposite way mouse. Where one teacher is a parent I can be available to them so to them I am open and I will charge. If they say both parents must be key workers then I’m in the proverbial too.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    My thinking is very similar Loocyloo
    I’m not sure if there will be anyone else looking for places but I am happy to take them on if I can on an adhoc basis.
    Full fees for key workers children whether or not they attend. No fees for anyone else. Do you think that’s fair? I need to earn but I don’t want to be seen as predatory😟
    That's what I'm planning currently ...
    I also have one family who are desperate for me to continue having their children ( to give them a break ) but are not keyworkers or vulnerable. I just need to know if one or both parents have to be keyworkers. Cos if it's both, I'm stuffed!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 19-03-2020 at 08:26 AM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    That's what I'm planning currently ...
    I also have one family who are desperate for me to continue having their children ( to give them a break ) but are not keyworkers or vulnerable. I just need to know if one or both parents have to be keyworkers. Cos if it's both, I'm stuffed!
    Sorry the information we are seeing is both have to be key workers but waiting for confirmation.

The annoucement about who is classed as a key worker is due out this afternoon
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks Fussy, where did Sarah post this please?
    In facebook we are still waiting for the latest information
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of teachers are being asked to do online lessons, so they might still actually be working, even though it is from home, so they might still want their children to come to you. It's also a bit unclear on which teachers will be required to go into school to provide education for key workers children/vulnerable children.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

talking to school this morning ... it won't be every school that opens, but one in an area for all keyworker children. The head seemed to think i would still be needed to work, as they will only be able to have those from SCHOOL in, but might have secondary children too.... but didn't know if it would just be for school days, and therefore would need care out of school hours !!!

but that does mean that IF we can work to just care for keyworker children, it might just be those that are not of school age. ( although, another of my mums said she;d rather her children came to me, than sat at school with 'the masses' )

hmmmmm

hope we hear soon x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Sorry the information we are seeing is both have to be key workers but waiting for confirmation.

that's me done for then.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

And me too

Although I’ve just read a post from independent childminders from someone who says they have just spoken to ofsted and they said as long as we do risk assessments through the day and meet the needs of the children we can stay open.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And me too

Although I’ve just read a post from independent childminders from someone who says they have just spoken to ofsted and they said as long as we do risk assessments through the day and meet the needs of the children we can stay open.
    For the next couple of days business as normal

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

**UPDATE 19.3.2020 - 10.53am**
    I have just spoken to the Early Years Alliance press office. They DO NOT KNOW any more than they have shared. They have asked the questions we are all asking. They are waiting for the answers which they will share as soon as they have got them. PLEASE let's not share inaccuracies and half stories on the group. Let's wait for the facts. Thank you. Sarah.
    Early Years Alliance - Home | Facebook

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh fussy we heard you the first time 😂

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gosh fussy we heard you the first time 😂
    Sorry thought i was on fb

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fussy...I think we’ve all got that

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks Fussy...I think we’ve all got that
    Are you sure or should i post again

22. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Fussy I am in and out of this thread, but who is making this announcement? thank you :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is not at all helpful but I would guess BOTH parents will have to be key workers in order for us to be able to keep children on. That's just my feeling :-(

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry Fussy I am in and out of this thread, but who is making this announcement? thank you :-)
    Sarah made it on fb after talks with the early years alliance

26. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is not at all helpful but I would guess BOTH parents will have to be key workers in order for us to be able to keep children on. That's just my feeling :-(
    It makes sense really. They want people to stay at home, so if one parent can do that they’re going to make them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah made it on fb after talks with the early years alliance
    Thanks Fussy. Im not on facebook, is Sarah updating anywhere else dyou know..? x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast