Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Covid 19

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Covid 19

When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest from Ofsted

I know that the spread of COVID-19 is worrying and poses challenges to you as childminders. We completely understand that you will be thinking about how you can continue to offer childcare for your children and their families, while planning how to deal with problems caused by the virus. To help answer some of your questions, please take a look at the government’s latest guidance for educational/childcare settings: COVID-19: guidance for education settings - GOV.UK

Can I provide childcare for extra children? This is one question you have been asking and the EYFS already allows for this. Childminders can make exceptions to the usual ratios – i.e. care for more children under five years for example. What the EYFS doesn’t allow you to do is care for more than a total of six children aged under eight -see parts 3.30 and 3.42 here: Early years foundation stage statutory framework (EYFS) - GOV.UK.

At Ofsted, we continue to follow government guidelines – but what does this mean in practice? Are we continuing to inspect?

We are required to continue with our inspection and regulatory activity. However, this means that if an inspector calls to say your inspection is due, the first thing they will do is find out how you are dealing with any problems caused by the virus and take this into consideration. I hope you will have seen that we have updated our guidance on deferring an inspection: Deferring Ofsted inspections - GOV.UK

We’re monitoring the current situation closely and are in daily contact with the Department for Education. Keep looking at this page because we will let you know of any updates.

We know that childcare is of course a key issue for the country and I thank you for continuing to play your part.

Gill Jones, Deputy Director, Early Education, Ofsted.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Fussy xxxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really useful having it in one place. Thank you.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fussy.

I thought I saw something this morning that said Ofsted were suspending routine inspections, but I'm not sure where I saw it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fussy, good thread :-)

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks Fussy.

I thought I saw something this morning that said Ofsted were suspending routine inspections, but I'm not sure where I saw it!
    that would be good !!!

I read that they (currently) have to still inspect within current inspection cycle, but in that this cycle is due to close in August 2020 ( realistically, all inspections completed by end July ), then i think they might have to chance their stance a bit!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let me find it x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coronavirus: Ofsted boss pauses all inspection activity

I know people have had their booked inspections cancelled

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Mouse liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Suspension of routine inspections

The Secretary of State has allowed Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector to temporarily suspend all routine inspections of schools, further education, early years and social care providers. Urgent inspections where specific concerns have been raised can still go ahead. This will allow us to prioritise the immediate safety of children where necessary.

As far as we are able, we will continue to undertake our important regulatory work to help maintain social care provision for the most vulnerable children, and the registration of vital childcare services. We will operate as a proportionate and responsible regulator, in what we know are challenging times, focused on children’s safeguarding and wellbeing.

Amanda Spielman, Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector, said:

“I’m grateful for the Secretary of State’s permission to suspend routine inspections. It’s clearly the right thing to do when teachers and social workers are under pressure as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. We all need to support them in their work.

“We will monitor what’s happening across education and social care and we will reserve the right to inspect where we believe the safety of children could be at risk, or we have other serious concerns. We will also continue to register and regulate social care providers, childminders and nurseries, so that these vital services can continue to support children and their families.”

As soon as we have any more information we will let you know.

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fussy it’s good to have everything in 1 place x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We could do with a link to where the Government help is for self-employed people...

... oh no, hang on a minute...there isn't any help for us!!