Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My understanding is it affects everone different.

The common symptoms are high temperature and/or a persistent cough.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    My understanding is it affects everone different.

The common symptoms are high temperature and/or a persistent cough.
    thanks xxx I am getting annoyed with myself for getting to caught up with this!

but its getting closer ... DDs school now closed for years 8, 9 & 10 until after Easter Holidays - so middle of April for us. I'm almost wondering about shutting and being done with it! but, financially, i need to carry on working until such times as we're told to shut!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I believe and may be wrong that you would exclude the child of the mother with symptoms as her household should go into isolation.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    thanks xxx I am getting annoyed with myself for getting to caught up with this!

but its getting closer ... DDs school now closed for years 8, 9 & 10 until after Easter Holidays - so middle of April for us. I'm almost wondering about shutting and being done with it! but, financially, i need to carry on working until such times as we're told to shut!
    Honesty it worrying for all of us. Im hoping to get through to easter when im on annual leave. Then thinking of dh and his work.

Im finding more and more people are working from home
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It so stressful for us isn’t it.met a mother at the park yesterday who was nearly in tears as she’s self employed and so is her husband.i did have a big gap between us whilst we spoke. Primary school open here.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD's current school is still open, although the Headteacher has sensibly stopped all assemblies/collective worship, which typically force the children to be in closer proximity to each other than they are in the classroom. They now have to do collective worship in the classroom each morning instead. He hasn't said it is because of the virus, but the children have all put two and two together and think it is exactly because of that.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    DD's current school is still open, although the Headteacher has sensibly stopped all assemblies/collective worship, which typically force the children to be in closer proximity to each other than they are in the classroom. They now have to do collective worship in the classroom each morning instead. He hasn't said it is because of the virus, but the children have all put two and two together and think it is exactly because of that.
    Our high school has stopped all external school clubs.

No travel to other high schools for sixth form

No parents evenings etc

All school trips cancelled till the end of the year

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local school is still open but have stopped breakfast club and after school clubs.....I have lost a couple of my schoolies as they are now self isolating as a family because one of them has cough/cold, Mum is 100% sure its just a normal cough/cold virus but is sticking to the rules.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems Scottish schools will be closed from Friday and Nicola sturgeon says they may not reopen until summer. We should hear in England at 5pm. She mentioned schools and nurseries but hope there is clarification here about whether childminders are included . I have no idea how many of us will face major financial hardship if we have to close for months!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Well it seems Scottish schools will be closed from Friday and Nicola sturgeon says they may not reopen until summer. We should hear in England at 5pm. She mentioned schools and nurseries but hope there is clarification here about whether childminders are included . I have no idea how many of us will face major financial hardship if we have to close for months!
    scary times.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    She said private nurseries and childminders will be needed to help through this time so I’m hoping that means we’ll be fine to stay open!

Not looking forward to the prospect of months inside with kids though!

15. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    She said private nurseries and childminders will be needed to help through this time so I’m hoping that means we’ll be fine to stay open!

Not looking forward to the prospect of months inside with kids though!
    It peeves me a little bit that they think so little of us normally with low funding rates, but now they want us to take up the slack and provide essential childcare. We're only valued when they need us

17. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mums has told me that if schools close she'll have no work so will keep her daughter at home and won't be able to pay me.

There's not really much I can do. I can't insist on payment if she hasn't got the money. I'm hoping the government comes up with some decent help for families and the self-employed.

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It peeves me a little bit that they think so little of us normally with low funding rates, but now they want us to take up the slack and provide essential childcare. We're only valued when they need us
    That's because we're superheroes!

I've been talking to my mum's ... 6 use funding and top it up if necessary, 4 are 'front line staff's in one respect or the other, the rest either run their own companies or work for companies that they should be able to work for from home and in theory think should be ok. ... it's just a waiting game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234