Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 'Coronavirus Contingency Planning'

me again! I can't believe I'm getting so caught up in this. I'm usually very laid back and 'what will be will be' ... but the constant bad news in the press & social media about Corona is starting to worry me.

had an email from my LA ... about 'Coronavirus Contingency Planning'

it mentions talking to your insurance company about 'temporary business disruption cover' ... I'm with pacey for my public liability; I don't have any other insurance, so therefore won't be covered for this ... is any childminder ? ( randomly, i was thinking about taking out critical illness cover or payment protection cover ( probably not the right name! ) a few weeks ago, but didn't/haven't done anything about it )

and then it says check information about “temporary Coronavirus business interruption loan scheme” ... well ... as far as i can see ... if banks give people a loan, to cover this period i guess, then they will get up to 80% paid to them from the gov't ... but i can't find out exactly how we'd apply/get the money and then how we'd have to pay it back etc!

Budget delivers help for businesses to battle coronavirus | This is Money

also reading this ... it talks about statutory sick pay ... which, as self employed people, we don't get ... we have to go through universal credit.

and

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I've seen said about the situation in Italy is that they didn't really take it seriously until it was all a bit late. At least we seem to be a bit more prepared.

I'm not one to panic, but I do think it's wise to start thinking about implications now, especially as cases are getting closer.

I saw some discussion on Facebook about whether or not insurance companies will pay out for loss of revenue, but I don't know if there was a final yes or no answer. I guess now is the time to be finding out.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    One thing I've seen said about the situation in Italy is that they didn't really take it seriously until it was all a bit late. At least we seem to be a bit more prepared.

I'm not one to panic, but I do think it's wise to start thinking about implications now, especially as cases are getting closer.

I saw some discussion on Facebook about whether or not insurance companies will pay out for loss of revenue, but I don't know if there was a final yes or no answer. I guess now is the time to be finding out.
    public liability insurance won't cover loss of revenue ... you would need 'temporary business disruption cover' ... i'm guessing that maybe nurseries have it, as they have bigger overheads than we do. If people have the higher level of insurance from early years alliance, then they are covered for loss of revenue ( but don't know if they are covered for this ), but not basic. I'm with pacey and only have public liability, so not covered.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally i think the insurance companies will find any excuse not to pay out as it may cost millions unless the government help.

I see so many people switch their insurance policies or take on income protection which more than likely be a sub clause saying you are not covered for so many months of the cover starting or for known outbreaks etc.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Personally i think the insurance companies will find any excuse not to pay out as it may cost millions unless the government help.

I see so many people switch their insurance policies or take on income protection which more than likely be a sub clause saying you are not covered for so many months of the cover starting or for known outbreaks etc.
    exactly! I would have thought that anyone taking out insurance now will not be covered, whatever happens!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    public liability insurance won't cover loss of revenue ... you would need 'temporary business disruption cover' ... i'm guessing that maybe nurseries have it, as they have bigger overheads than we do. If people have the higher level of insurance from early years alliance, then they are covered for loss of revenue ( but don't know if they are covered for this ), but not basic. I'm with pacey and only have public liability, so not covered.
    Morton Michel covers for loss of revenue in certain circumstances. This is the section people were debating:

Compulsory Closure – the compulsory closure by
    a public body after the discovery of a notifiable
    human infectious or contagious disease, foreign
    matter in food or drink provided at the premises,
    defective sanitation, the presence of vermin or
    pests or an occurrence of murder, manslaughter,
    suicide or rape at the premises, up to £1,000.

I agree with Fussy though, I'm sure insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying out, especially if the government is jumping in to pay out!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mm have come out and said because its not on the list of notifiable diseases its not covered.

I read from martin lewis this morning that if you are booking holidays to read travel insurance carefully as some companies are removing travel disruption from their policies
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mm have come out and said because its not on the list of notifiable diseases its not covered.
    Coronavirus (COVID-19) listed as a notifiable disease - GOV.UK

It was made a notifiable disease a week ago.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been listening to the Chancellor in breakfast TV this morning.

He was asked about financial help for the self employed. In typical politician speak he completely talked around the question, but basically said that unless you're self employed and already on Universal Credit, there will be no help.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coronavirus (COVID-19) listed as a notifiable disease - GOV.UK

It was made a notifiable disease a week ago.
    Its not on mm list with it being new - got to love smallprint

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its not on mm list with it being new - got to love smallprint
    I read somewhere that the plague and yellow fever ARE in the list even though they were/have been eradicated!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been listening to the Chancellor in breakfast TV this morning.

He was asked about financial help for the self employed. In typical politician speak he completely talked around the question, but basically said that unless you're self employed and already on Universal Credit, there will be no help.
    That's what I feared/expected.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not looking very good for us, is it?

I really don't want my 'rainy day' fund being used because of a virus!

18. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's not looking very good for us, is it?

I really don't want my 'rainy day' fund being used because of a virus!
    Me neither!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think all insurance underwriters will be looking carefully at the small print. I havent seen anything from the government about financial help for them.

I know local restaurants are asking for people to still visit as their footfall is very down and our area hasn't had a confirmed case yet. I can imagine alot of businesses being in the same boat.

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So self isolation for high temperatures and persistent cough.

No cancelling of major sports/outdoor events.

Schools to stay open.

Recommend that elderly people dont go on cruises

School international trips to be cancelled.

And the cheery news people are going to die the worse is yet to come

23. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a really interesting press conference wasn't it?!

I thought it was interesting when they were talking abut behavioural science and that people wouldn't isolate for long and so the timing is crucial.

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So self isolation for high temperatures and persistent cough.

No cancelling of major sports/outdoor events.

Schools to stay open.

Recommend that elderly people dont go on cruises

School international trips to be cancelled.

And the cheery news people are going to die the worse is yet to come
    hmmmm

persistent cough ... since when ? i've had a cough since about last october!

27. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    hmmmm

persistent cough ... since when ? i've had a cough since about last october!
    It did say a new persistent cough, but new since when? One of my minded children has had a cough for weeks so dad took her to the GP at the beginning of the week. They said it's nothing. Two of the others have developed coughs within the last week, but they're not persistent. One only coughs when he wakes up and the other only coughs now and again.

I did send letters home today, but I'm going to have to make amendments already as advice has changed and I'll now start excluding for persistent coughs and fevers.

29. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read so much information now I think I've confused myself! What do you think of these scenarios?

Anyone now with a new persistent cough or fever should self isolate for 7 days.

So, a child develops a new cough and has a fever so we exclude them for 7 days.

We develop a cough and/or fever so close for 7 days to self isolate.

I assume if someone who lives in our home has a cough or fever we'd need to close?

What if it's a family member or friend who doesn't live with us? At one time the advice was to self-isolate if we'd been in contact with someone who may have coronavirus, so is that still the same?

What if a parent self isolates because they've developed a cough or fever? Do we exclude the child even if they are showing no symptoms?

I'm starting to think it might just be easier to hibernate for a while

31. Likes loocyloo liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast