Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long is your safeguarding policy?

I'm in the process of updating my safeguarding policy.

I don't want it to be really wordy, I just want to get in all of the bits that I need to get in. How long is your policy?

Also, I know that we now refer to 'safeguarding partnership' - so does that mean we no longer use the term MASH? Does LADO still exist?

I've been trying to update it all day long and I am getting myself more and more confused. As I have just moved I am now in a different LA, and my new one seems more confusing than my last one.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to update my policy so I'll follow this with interest!

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My LA sent me a sample one and it was 33 pages! Obviously I can cut bits out of that one, as it's very wordy, but I need to obviously have all the statutory bits. Just don't know which bits I definitely need to include.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is about 4/5 pages long.

I think I found a template on childcare.co.uk or pacey or somewhere!

We still have LADO and a local safeguarding board. The local safeguarding board has a website with, I think, a list of what is needed for my LA.

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Loocyloo.

I've got my LA one down from 33 pages to 11 pages and I am on a mission to make it shorter still. Having said that, I will be able to get rid of some of my other policies because I have now included them in the safeguarding policy.

It seems that the telephone number for LADO in Shropshire is the same number as the first point of contact for if you are reporting concerns about a child. I've spent hours searching and haven't come up with anything else.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Thanks Loocyloo.

I've got my LA one down from 33 pages to 11 pages and I am on a mission to make it shorter still. Having said that, I will be able to get rid of some of my other policies because I have now included them in the safeguarding policy.

It seems that the telephone number for LADO in Shropshire is the same number as the first point of contact for if you are reporting concerns about a child. I've spent hours searching and haven't come up with anything else.
    Our telephone number for reporting concerns is the same number as the main LA switchboard! We do have a different number for LADO and family information service. X