January themes
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: January themes

Post Thanks / Like

Default January themes

What themes/topics/activities are you planning to do in January and February, looking for inspiration for when I return to work next week!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be looking at winter.

Wintry walks/ feeding birds- making bird feeders/ artic & antarctic / hoping for snow / snow painting / ice investigation-science etc / keeping warm and healthy.

There are nice books about winter, I particularly like 'William's winter wish' and Percy the Park Keepers 'One snowy night' .

3. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I'm going to be looking at winter.

Wintry walks/ feeding birds- making bird feeders/ artic & antarctic / hoping for snow / snow painting / ice investigation-science etc / keeping warm and healthy.

There are nice books about winter, I particularly like 'William's winter wish' and Percy the Park Keepers 'One snowy night' .
    Thanks loocy loo, this all sounds lovely :-)

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We were going to do a winter theme, but the weather doesn't seem right for it at the moment! I'll hold out a bit and wait for snow/ice before we do our winter activities.

For now we're going to do a theme around a book although I haven't decided which one yet! This week I'm going to read a few to the children, see which one they seem to enjoy most, then base our theme around that.

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We were going to do a winter theme, but the weather doesn't seem right for it at the moment! I'll hold out a bit and wait for snow/ice before we do our winter activities.

For now we're going to do a theme around a book although I haven't decided which one yet! This week I'm going to read a few to the children, see which one they seem to enjoy most, then base our theme around that.
    I agree .. it's rather mild! ... maybe do ' weather ' as a theme.

I also do a book theme each month... Tim Hopgood 's wonderful world is simply wonderful! Gorgeous illustrations and a cd of Louis Armstrong to listen to! I link it to all about and looking after our world.

What a Wonderful World Book and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Thiele, George David Weiss, Tim Hopgood: 9780192736918: Books

9. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I agree .. it's rather mild! ... maybe do ' weather ' as a theme.

I also do a book theme each month... Tim Hopgood 's wonderful world is simply wonderful! Gorgeous illustrations and a cd of Louis Armstrong to listen to! I link it to all about and looking after our world.

What a Wonderful World Book and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Thiele, George David Weiss, Tim Hopgood: 9780192736918: Books
    What a lovely book. I've not seen it before. I also like the look of the others, particularly Walking in a Winter Wonderland, for when we do our winter theme!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What a lovely book. I've not seen it before. I also like the look of the others, particularly Walking in a Winter Wonderland, for when we do our winter theme!
    I love walking in a winter wonderland and singing in the rain!
    I also have quite a few of his other books ... wow said the owl is my particular favourite!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when you recommended those books a while ago Loocyloo. They are lovely and are hard to resist.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I remember when you recommended those books a while ago Loocyloo. They are lovely and are hard to resist.
    I'm a bit of a walking advert for this author's books! I just love them all!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be looking at winter, tying in with preschool looking at weather. We also do Big Bird Watch in some way or other.