3 under 2.5
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3 under 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 under 2.5

Does anyone look after 3 children under the age of 3 who are non walkers? If so what is your routine? Do all 3 go on a school run with you? How do you keep them all safe if they don't walk. I have a double buggy but what to do with the 3rd child...buggy board? I've never used one, are they any good?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, buggy board or a buggy board seat. There are many types out there, just depends what fits on your buggy. Plenty of secondhand usually available, as they can be expensive and generally you use them for a few months then you don't need it any more.
    Or a sling, if the smallest is a baby.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know some who use a triple buggy but they are a handful to push and expensive. But if you are going to be having 3 littlies for a long time it might be worth it, if your pavements are wide enough. Or see if you can borrow one locally- CMers sometimes have one stashed away in a shed!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy, i definitely don't want a triple buggy. Is the buggy board with 3 under 2.5 a common thing for CMs to do? I've not done it before and don't want to take on more than i can manage!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a double buggy ( 3 wheeler, side by side ) and have an 'easy X (cross) rider ' that clips on my rear axle. It's great as it has a handle for them to hold, and a decent seat/ lap straps. You can take seat off to use as a buggy board but I never have I have a plastic poncho to go over child/ hands etc in case of rain!
    The new ones have a different attachment thing and I know some people struggle with it, but mine is just like a hook that clips over the axle.
    It also has flashing lights in the wheels!!!

I love mine! This is like mine, but mine is about 7 years old now and has a slightly more bucket type seat. This has the same attachments as mine and is easy to fit/ take on and off.

X-rider 2in1 buggy board with seat | eBay

I also sometimes take it out in the car with me and use on my double umbrella stroller as well! I only use my 3 wheeler for school runs and local walks.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks moggy, i definitely don't want a triple buggy. Is the buggy board with 3 under 2.5 a common thing for CMs to do? I've not done it before and don't want to take on more than i can manage!
    Yes, I have. I put the oldest on the buggy board. Most tend to manage standing on it from 18mths, depends on their temperament though (and how tall they are, depends on your buggy handlebar height). I'd use reins as well for safety, if they are standing on the board.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post