Does anyone NOT have a doll's pram/pushchair?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone NOT have a doll's pram/pushchair?

Just wondering if anyone does NOT have a doll's pram? I'm really trying to scale down on resources and the prams/pushchairs take up such a lot of room. I've only really had one mindee, quite a while ago, who really liked the toy pushchair, the rest have not bothered at all really - although future mindees might love it...

I got rid of one when we moved and am toying with the idea of getting rid of the other - it's quite a flimsy one so not really suitable for very young toddlers to push around anyway as it would tip.

Am I being mean by getting rid of it?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3! All umbrella-fold buggy ones. They all get regular use, but I store them folded, tucked in a corner.
    Do you have other trolleys or things for transportation? You may have other things that can serve the same purpose.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any for years and it's not something I even think about getting.

The children have never shown any sign of missing them.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm, I read Moggy's post and decided to keep my pushchair. Then I read Mouse's post and thought I could get rid of it. Still undecided.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mmmm, I read Moggy's post and decided to keep my pushchair. Then I read Mouse's post and thought I could get rid of it. Still undecided.
    Why not pack it away and see if it's missed? If not, ditch it. If you do have a mindee in the future who you think would really use a pram/pushchair, you could always pick up a cheap one in a charity shop or on a selling page.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Mouse. The problem is, I have so many things packed away to see if it will be missed. The recent house move has really exposed me as a toy/resource hoarder and DH (and myself, to be fair) is shocked at the amount I have. Yes, getting a cheap one in future sounds good. Think I will give it away.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a Toy Library? We make good use of ours for this kind of thing too.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Moggy. I know the one in my old local authority closed down and so I hadn't thought about checking to see if we had one here - I just assumed they had all closed down. Great to hear that there are still some left.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Great idea Mouse. The problem is, I have so many things packed away to see if it will be missed. The recent house move has really exposed me as a toy/resource hoarder and DH (and myself, to be fair) is shocked at the amount I have. Yes, getting a cheap one in future sounds good. Think I will give it away.

My problem is that I tend to have 3 of things! Or at least .. 3 similar things! I am a terrible toy and resource hoarder!

14. Likes Dragonfly, Maza liked this post