Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One week left of Summer hols...

One week left of the Summer holidays to go here.

How has your summer been? Have you all had schoolies this year or do you just keep your eyfs children? Are you looking forward to getting back to a routine?

I don't want the holidays to end. I love having DD around. She get sooooo much homework during term time that we just don't get chance to have much fun.

I do feel that we have hardly done anything this summer though - hardly any trips or big craft activities.

Loocyloo, I was thinking about you though. Like you I am determined to finish off some of our craft/activity kits. I have got out a big pile of them and put them in the living room, hoping that they will tempt DD. We have actually managed to use up a few - a big science experiment kit and a 'make your own' spa kit, plus a box of modelling balloons. I have more to get through and I am absolutely going to do it...

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the holidays and have been lucky that im not needed much by my families.

Strange holidays the youngest lady of the house is moving to high school so my primary school days are over so i have made the most of spending times with her and ds a year older but they are growing up so quickly so have to make the most of the time together.

I working tomorrow and then waiting on hearing if my teacher larents need me for the inset days.

My dd is still more than happy to sit and make slime
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww Fussy, that's a big milestone, not being a parent of a primary schooler anymore. Enjoy the rest of the holidays. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    One week left of the Summer holidays to go here.

How has your summer been? Have you all had schoolies this year or do you just keep your eyfs children? Are you looking forward to getting back to a routine?

I don't want the holidays to end. I love having DD around. She get sooooo much homework during term time that we just don't get chance to have much fun.

I do feel that we have hardly done anything this summer though - hardly any trips or big craft activities.

Loocyloo, I was thinking about you though. Like you I am determined to finish off some of our craft/activity kits. I have got out a big pile of them and put them in the living room, hoping that they will tempt DD. We have actually managed to use up a few - a big science experiment kit and a 'make your own' spa kit, plus a box of modelling balloons. I have more to get through and I am absolutely going to do it...
    well done! sadly, I have failed greatly! the weather was soooo nice for the 4 weeks i was working, that we were just outside and no one was interested in craft! we did have a day junk modelling ( we'd been talking about rubbish in the oceans and made jellyfish out of plastic rubbish amongst other amazing 'sculpture' s !!! ) so i still have a box of craft that i sorted out to use up!! BUT, on the plus side, i have an afterschoolie coming back ( that had been leaving me end of last term! ) and she likes a craft activity so fingers crossed she'll work her way through them! only thing, i'll need to 'ration' them, as she's a bit of a whirlwind and wants to do everything all at the same time and not finish a thing!

my 2 go back to school next tuesday, and mindees on wednesday. i'll miss having my big mindees around, but it will also be nice to back to just having the little ones! I'll miss my own 2, although i barely see DS, and DD occasionally! although i did rope her into coming out with me a few times!

Fussy, it was odd when DD left primary, but i'm still there most days picking mindees up!

enjoy the last few days everyone. i'm only working the day before they go back to school, and have already been asked if we can go to the beach, so fingers crossed it will be dry!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaah, you see loocyloo, I took my kits outside and we did them in the garden! Having said that, they weren't the craft ones, as I said, it was the science and spa kits that we finished. We made the bath bombs and used them in the water tray outside, rather than in the bath (had a couple of bath staining incidents, so reluctant to use them in the bath anyway). Some of the cuddly toys were given a spa day with the shower gel concoctions that DD and her friends made. It's silly how proud of myself I was when I dumped the empty boxes in the recycling! The loom bands are the gift that keeps on giving though - I think we'll still be working our way through that box when DD goes off to university.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    The loom bands are the gift that keeps on giving though - I think we'll still be working our way through that box when DD goes off to university.

I find loom bands very useful for finishing off ends of plaits in children's hair, securing the ends of the collars on the cats, putting round handles of knives and other serving tools that I'm lending people, we even managed to get some round stems of wine glasses! Most of the dolls have loom band pony tails and we made bouncy rubber band balls using them. That said ... I still seem to have hundreds lying around!

I'm mourning the end of my scoobidoo plastic laces though! They were/are great for little ones to learn to thread on as it doesn't go all floppy like string!

10. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I find loom bands very useful for finishing off ends of plaits in children's hair, securing the ends of the collars on the cats, putting round handles of knives and other serving tools that I'm lending people, we even managed to get some round stems of wine glasses! Most of the dolls have loom band pony tails and we made bouncy rubber band balls using them. That said ... I still seem to have hundreds lying around!

I'm mourning the end of my scoobidoo plastic laces though! They were/are great for little ones to learn to thread on as it doesn't go all floppy like string!
    Love using loom bands for hair especially pull through braids etc.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even remember what loom bands were originally used for! We've got packets of them lying around and I use them for all sorts, although mainly tying up Barbie's hair. I have a little mindee who brings her Barbies here purely for me to sort their hair out

The summer holidays seem to have gone so quickly. I only have EYs children and a couple of them are term time only, so the holidays are always a bit quieter. It'll be a shock to the system when they're all back in another week, along with new starters! The only mindee I've got starting school this year is my grandson, so there's not much of a change for us this September.

14. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post