Trips - Are you a morning or afternoon person?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trips - Are you a morning or afternoon person?

It's chucking it down here.

What are you all up to?

We're having a late start to the morning (lazy) and so whenever that happens we tend not to go out anywhere exciting (other than the usual woods, local playground or the shops). If we are having a proper day out then I like to go first thing and be there for when it opens, or not go at all. I very, very rarely plan exciting trips out for the afternoon. I used to have a parent who would pick her little one up from me at about 2.30 and then say that they were off to xyz. I had a friend who was the same and on the rare occasions when we joined her I really enjoyed it and always thought that I shouldn't restrict myself so much.

I think it's partly to do with hating crowds and I like to be ready to leave a place just as it is getting busy. Everywhere is quieter and easier in the mornings. However, DD has started to have big lie ins now and so I might have to change my habits and just get out (as in, further afield to touristy type of attractions) in the afternoons.

Do you restrict yourself like I do?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In the holidays I like to be out and about as soon as the last child arrives (been known to collect en route so we can get going lol)

Like you, if we're there first thing, we can be leaving as the hoards arrive, having enjoying no queues and a go on any play areas. Downside is that any EYFS kids sleep routine is disrupted if they normally have a nap before lunch, but hey ho, better to fill everyone's days in the hols in my book.

Term time we're restricted enough with naps and school runs so I'm just grateful if we manage to get out at all

4. Likes Maza, loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like to get out and about first thing! My little mindees sleep after lunch but if we're out can generally manage a picnic lunch and then flake out in buggy or car or wait till we're home. I also don't feel so pressured to get home for collections which is how i feel about going out in the afternoon!

In term time I'm the same as afternoon taken up with school runs although we do do visits to park/ library etc on the way to school.

My own children, now they are teens, would rather stay in bed all day, but have learnt that if they want me to take them anywhere ( aka shopping! ) that earlier is better as that way they are not rushing around plus I'm more likely to take them! I always feel it's a waste of a day not to use the full day!
    Plus, if you're going somewhere to pay to enter ... why go at 3pm and pay full entry fee yet not have so long there! I do like to get my money's worth!

6. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im a morning person sooner get up and get my moneys worth.

Dh is a go in the afternoon.

We have learnt to compromise but if we are paying we are having the full day.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Was a ...when we want to, there will always be a parking spot, go with flow household.
    Now, Lake District, we are crack of dawn folk...get out before the tourists and get a parking space ...visitors are shocked by our suggestion of sunrise breakfast and then get out...but they appreciate it later.
    Depending on season ....sometimes it’s nicer to go at the end of the day ..if you can...I loved afterschool wildlife park visits as a childminder, everyone else is busy...my parents rarely came before 5.30pm ...lots of nobody around experiences between 3.30 - 5.30.
    Love when school returns and only retired folk are in our area...Anytime out folk returns!

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I also live in a tourist area and tend to be a get up and go early person. Get to the beach and be coming home around 11/11.30 or so when everyone else is arriving we can get home before midday sun, have lunch and naps! If going for day or somewhere a bit further away get there early and make most of day. But I wouldn't normally do just an afternoon trip - I normally have children that nap in afternoon so either lunch out and then walk / drive back or home for lunch. I guess our routines normally fit into lunch / naps and school run / play at home so its good to keep to that. over the summer i seemed to have late drop-offs and early pickups and i do have one child that comes at 10.30 - quite often we have been out and come home by the time he arrives and he has an earlier nap than everyone else so no point going out again really! we're plenty busy enough with activities at home so I don't normally worry about being at home but i do have a lot of parents that don't see the value of engaged play with peers - they're always 'where are you going to today / where have you been today and seem unimpressed when i say we've had an amazing day playing at home!

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post