Running low on inspo!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Running low on inspo!

What do you all do when you're running low on inspiration? Sometimes I have weeks when I am really together and am motivated with lots of ideas. Then I have weeks, well, when i can't get myself going!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It can come over you out of nowhere can't it?!
    On days/ weeks like that we just get out and about feeding the ducks, going for walks or to the beach and I let the children 'just' play, responding to their interests and after a while I get my mojo back!
    I think we're sooooo busy 'doing' alot of the time, that we need the to just 'be'. Children included!

Knowing my luck though, Ofsted will want to visit on one of those days!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Think back to your most miserable days when you had a 'real job', lol. Unrealistic boss, bitchy colleagues, long commute...Then you will realise how lucky you are (I know it doesn't always feel lucky, I used to get really down when minding some days).

Make the most of the nice weather by planning your meals outdoors/picnic style. Then there is less clearing up to get you down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Think back to your most miserable days when you had a 'real job', lol. Unrealistic boss, bitchy colleagues, long commute...Then you will realise how lucky you are (I know it doesn't always feel lucky, I used to get really down when minding some days).

Make the most of the nice weather by planning your meals outdoors/picnic style. Then there is less clearing up to get you down.
    Yes good advice, I try and do this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    It can come over you out of nowhere can't it?!
    On days/ weeks like that we just get out and about feeding the ducks, going for walks or to the beach and I let the children 'just' play, responding to their interests and after a while I get my mojo back!
    I think we're sooooo busy 'doing' alot of the time, that we need the to just 'be'. Children included!

Knowing my luck though, Ofsted will want to visit on one of those days!
    Thanks, I've been making full use of my garden in this recent warm weather, simply letting children "Just" play. And then I question myself....they should be out, at soft play, at the park etc but they really do seem happy in the garden just 'being' but then i question myself..!

7. Likes BallyH, loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Children get so much from being outside. They love being in the garden they don’t need to be here there and everywhere all the time.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Refocus on why you are doing the job ... think about what is important!

Go back to the children's tracking - what do they need to do next?

Set up some fun activities and let the children re-engage you!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks, I've been making full use of my garden in this recent warm weather, simply letting children "Just" play. And then I question myself....they should be out, at soft play, at the park etc but they really do seem happy in the garden just 'being' but then i question myself..!
    Change your mindset there is no such thing as just playing they are learning

Go back to basics do the simple things. I dont work many days in the holidays but last week we did the butterfly count. The children loved seeing them and matching them to the printout. Really hoping we see the swarm 🤣🤣 this naturally involved into a bug hunt and a conversation about good and bad insects. So much learning while they played.

Love being outside they dont have to be on trips etc.

The plan for this week is den building wherher it be outside or we take inside.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post