Advice needed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Advice needed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Advice needed


    I offer wrap around care so I am registered on the childcare register. I have an enquiry from a child who is starting in reception in September, if I take him on would I also need to register for the Early Years if only offering an after school place and he will be in full time education?

    Thanks in advance x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    You need to be on the early years (EYFS) register for reception and below ... the Childcare Register applies to children from year 1 upwards.

    From September 2019 it will be much easier for out of school providers because ofsted will no longer inspect the 'quality of education' judgement for all ages of children including early years.

    However, you will have to register and this could take some time - it's unlikely to be through by September and the start of term.

    I hope this helps



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
Advice needed Advice needed Advice needed

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of