Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 18
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Social services and childminding

Hello everyone.
    I accidentally scratched my daughter with nail (just a little scratch on the cheek) and the school reported it to Social Services. I am shocked.
    I have not received anything from SS yet but of course I am very worried and also about how can it affect my childminding?
    I hope everything is ok with us cause I am not doing anything wrong.
    Anyone had any similar situations please?
    Any advices would be appreciate xx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aw bless you, that must have come as a shock!
    I don't have any personal experience I'm afraid, but it does seem to be a rather over reactive response, unless... when asked, your daughter was imaginative in her reply - Don't worry, lots of kids are.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point, SS will be in touch if they're concerned, however, I would email ofsted with an explanation about what has happened so they are aware.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Jan 18
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Aw bless you, that must have come as a shock!
    I don't have any personal experience I'm afraid, but it does seem to be a rather over reactive response, unless... when asked, your daughter was imaginative in her reply - Don't worry, lots of kids are.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point, SS will be in touch if they're concerned, however, I would email ofsted with an explanation about what has happened so they are aware.

Thank you very much. I will email them

Jan 18
    Post Thanks / Like

just an update.
    Social services called me yesterday and we has a chat and no further action is taken.
    But they asked neighbours and they said that lot's of men come to my house . !!!
    who are obliviously fathers of the children that I am looking after. But how could they say that kind of things to a SS??
    IT is impossible not to notice that I do childminding! i work with an assistant and we always have kids here. in the garden, going out and about... OMG.
    And they are my next door neighbours. Unbelievable.
    And women also come a lot to my house BTW. (Children's mothers usually)

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a bit over the top by the school. I went and caught a child falling from a piece of playground equipment once, as I caught her my nail caught her face. If I hadn’t of caught her she would of had a lot more injuries. I wrote it in the accident book, got parents to read and sign,end of.

I keep my nail short for this reason, plus I don’t like long nails.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meliflua View Post
    just an update.
    Social services called me yesterday and we has a chat and no further action is taken.
    But they asked neighbours and they said that lot's of men come to my house . !!!
    who are obliviously fathers of the children that I am looking after. But how could they say that kind of things to a SS??
    IT is impossible not to notice that I do childminding! i work with an assistant and we always have kids here. in the garden, going out and about... OMG.
    And they are my next door neighbours. Unbelievable.
    And women also come a lot to my house BTW. (Children's mothers usually)
    Glad it's all sorted
    I wouldn't go putting any coloured lights up or that really will give the neighbours something to gossip about
    Sorry, I probably shouldn't find it funny, but let's face it, they're not wrong... and it probably wasn't how it was delivered to SS but when you retell an account to another person it can sound a lot different to how it was meant to.

It's not dissimilar to the general public making comments/judgements when we're out and about

'Didn't you have a telly in your house then?'

'No wonder the country is struggling when you're having that many kids'
    My response to that one was: Hmmm, and they all have different dads too.... Oh and shhh, just for your information, they all have different mums...
    I then left the shop leaving the woman working on the till in stitches as she knows me and the job I do. She assures me the busybody with the rather long nose and an over active mouth left not knowing what to say, and looked very confused as she tried to figure out what I meant

8. Likes Maza, BallyH, FloraDora liked this post