Looking after babies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking after babies

It's been a while since I cared for a baby. Please inspire me with how you spend your days with babies!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What age?
    Treasure baskets, pots and pans and wooden spoons, anything to chew, trips out in the buggy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    What age?
    Treasure baskets, pots and pans and wooden spoons, anything to chew, trips out in the buggy...
    Thanks moggy, one years old. Yep i do these things already, i probably overthink it but always worry i'm not doing enough!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Moggy treasure baskets. The last baby I cared for at a year loved sensory play, particularly liked shuffling around on the grass outside, picking up stones and slate and trying to put them in tubs, squidgy mud etc... he had an all in one waterproof so was protected. He loved water play and walks in the rain. He carried leaves picked for him by the older ones around for ages after. Swings at the park, buggy racing so the wind is felt.
    Painting with fingers (and brushes because the big ones did) paint in a plastic bags to squidge was a favourite too. Great big dabblers to make random marks.....but had to watch not in mouth! Rice/coloured rice to run through fingers.
    Throwing /rolling balls ....or anything .... towards him made him giggle. Putting things out of his reach to move towards and stretch for.

Singing and making music, jingling, banging, shaking, clapping communicating with sounds, reading books...

Such a lovely age to explore the world around them.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 14 month girl here who loves the toy kitchen and tea set. Again putting things in and out of bags. Loves being outside exploring too

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve currently got an eleven month old who spends his day cruising along my kitchen cupboards opening and closing doors.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    I’ve currently got an eleven month old who spends his day cruising along my kitchen cupboards opening and closing doors.
    Me too! and pushing the kitchen stool round and round and round!

I have a 8mth old who just crawls round and round, and wants to climb ... he doesn't settle to play/investigate anything for more than 2 seconds! we spend alot of time outside, in all in ones!

I have a 5 mth old ( who is just sooooo squishy and cuddly! ) ... he is just starting to roll, so i'm encouraging that and tummy time. lots of singing and playing with him, and he loves just watching the older children ( and my cat, who insists on sitting just out of his reach! spoilsport! )

x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love putting a layer of water on the tray of the highchair tray. I think most trays have a lip around them, so are really good for shallow water play. Most of the time at that age they would just love to smack the tray and enjoy the splash, or smear their hands all over the tray just enjoying the feel of the warm water.

Definitely emptying and filling. It's amazing how creative you can be with this to keep interest in this skill. Look for different everyday containers that you have around your home - big, small, metal (lovely sound when things are dropped in it), wood, plastic etc. Containers with large openings and progressively smaller openings. Look for different things to drop in - balls might bounce as they are dropped - great fun, other things would thud, crinkly packets of crisps (a firm favourite here once), heavier things, really light things etc.

Containers could be anything from a plastic laundry basket to a pringles tub. Baby food cylindrical tins are great too. Conkers are good for dropping or posting at this time of year, but obviously under supervision for mouthing reasons.

10. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post