30 Hours Funding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 Hours Funding

Ive only recently starting doing the 30 hours funding and I have a child that the mum wants to claim for it,
    My question is this, when she receives the code and I check it, do I have to wait until the next headcount to add him (and also therefore wait to get paid) or can I get the payments as soon and I add him to my eligibility check?

if I can get the payments straight away, how would I go about this? Also as csoon as I device the code can he start using the free hours straight away?

thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to speak to your LA before you do anything.

Most will not allow children to be added mid term and will not pay you...

I hope that helps

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah. Local arrangements vary widely, so you need to find out what your LA does.

My LA works in payment periods which equate roughly to half-terms. Headcount submissions go in before the start of each period, but we can make adjustments and additions up until a second, mid-period deadline. They’ll sometimes accept even later additions, but there’s no guarantee. It usually means 'phoning or sending an email: once the online portal reaches the deadline, you cannot submit any more that way.

Be very careful how you handle this, unless you want to work for free. Write into the contract that the client is liable if for all fees, including where a third party (such as a funding body) fails to pay for any reason. To be on the safe side, I would take the money up front to cover fees until your LA pays (or makes a decision) and remember the LA will not pay you immediately you apply. Take the money by way of a "non-refundable deposit", and write that term into the contract and receipt. The reason for this is that it is generally against funding rules to charge the client whilst awaiting payment, but there are any number of ways to justify holding a deposit.

Has the client been receiving funded care at another setting? If so, they may be unable to switch the funding to you until the next period. My LA will only transfer funding to a new setting in mid-period if the original setting gives permission.

June 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ive only recently starting doing the 30 hours funding and I have a child that the mum wants to claim for it,
    My question is this, when she receives the code and I check it, do I have to wait until the next headcount to add him (and also therefore wait to get paid) or can I get the payments as soon and I add him to my eligibility check?

if I can get the payments straight away, how would I go about this? Also as csoon as I device the code can he start using the free hours straight away?

thanks in advance

Morning, Our LA will not accept children mid term. The code the parents orginally get only works the following term, not the one when the parents got the code. I have asked my parents to get their codes now so its ready to be used in September. Our LA asks for estimates the term before for the following term. We can put our new starters on that and then add the child onto the actuals at the beginning of the following term, so we do get paid. However, if you were hoping for payment for this term, sadly not in our area. Hope this helps x