Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello Sunshine!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Sunshine!

Are you all enjoying the lovely weather today with your little ones?

It's lovely here, not so hot that you need to obsess about sun cream, but certainly outdoors weather.

I went for a run on our common this morning and saw a little nursery outing. I always slow down whenever I pass a school/nursery because I am so nosey. Today the interactions between staff and children were absolutely lovely, so sweet, gentle, child led and nurturing. It was so uplifting. I'm not one to nursery bash generally, but you don't always see great practice when out and about do you? It does make me chuckle at the irony of practitioners who have invested in a logo/uniform to advertise their setting, without realising that they are doing themselves more damage than good when they just look bored with the children.

What are you all up to today?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather is lovely here today. It started off a bit overcast, but is now bright and sunny.

We went for a walk to the shops this morning to buy what we needed for lunch and now the children are all asleep.

I've sent DD into the garden to fill the water tables ready for an afternoon outside. We've got a queen bee out there, obviously looking for somewhere to settle and I keep hearing screeches from DD if it goes too close to her

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it would be sunny today because someone on ***** yesterday got into a panic about suncream.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally and it makes me feel so happy. But I'm still in my 'dark' clothes. This weekend I need to go into the attic to get my bag of summer clothes out. Hope the sunshine comes back next week to see me in my summer gear.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not quite as warm and sunny as the south, but it was nice this afternoon.
    Popped into the village for eggs and checked out the playgroup for future volunteering, attended a nice afternoon craft session with the WI, played boules in our backyard ( with the obligatory red wine accompanyment , whilst dinner was cooking ( in the Rayburn , loving it), a lovely relaxing evening.
    Mid week and we are having fun....this is a nice life.
    Tomorrow I am back to unpacking boxes , getting rid of damp and regrouting tiny mosaic tiles...Moving to the countryside has it’s blips, but generally still good.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Current scorecard:

Attendees: 6
    Parents who remarked on the weather: 5
    Parents who provided suncream: 2
    Parents who provided sun hats:1
    Parents who bogged off and left with one of my sun hats:1

Nothing really changes, does it?

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo Flora, sounds like you are having a nice time.

and everyone else is having fun!

BUNYIP ... I nearly fell over this morning ... 5 children ... 5, yes, 5 arrived with sun hats, 2 had had suncream put on and extra in their bag, 2 more had suncream in their bag and the 5th 'doesn't need it' !!!! however, as I was depositing that one at school and not collecting, I decided to let school argue the point!

I picked 3 up from school ... 1 had own hat, 1 had a hat borrowed from school and the 3rd had his coat on

we played outside this morning, but it got too hot by late morning and was still too hot when we got home from school, and as the trees don't have their leaves yet, there was not a lot of shade!

13. Likes Maza, FloraDora, bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Are you all enjoying the lovely weather today with your little ones?

It's lovely here, not so hot that you need to obsess about sun cream, but certainly outdoors weather.

I went for a run on our common this morning and saw a little nursery outing. I always slow down whenever I pass a school/nursery because I am so nosey. Today the interactions between staff and children were absolutely lovely, so sweet, gentle, child led and nurturing. It was so uplifting. I'm not one to nursery bash generally, but you don't always see great practice when out and about do you? It does make me chuckle at the irony of practitioners who have invested in a logo/uniform to advertise their setting, without realising that they are doing themselves more damage than good when they just look bored with the children.

What are you all up to today?
    Haha, i always wonder what people are thinking about me when they see me with the kids! I always feel really "on show" at the school gates etc!