Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cars

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cars

    Hi Guys, just wondering I need to get a new car and wondered do I need to get a special license to get say a vivaro/traffic 9 seater van or can I just drive it normal thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    You need to check what you are licensed to drive! I think it will depend on the age of your driving licence

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like


    I have a Nissan elgrande (8 seater). I love it and it is very nippy to drive but wouldn’t recommend it purely based on getting parts for what is a quite a rare import. The more common 8 seaters like Toyota estima/Previa etc are much easier.
    I have insurance through Admiral - they have given me very reasonable cover (we have a multi car policy - 2 8 seaters and I pay £70/month).
    Regards expenses, I was always led to believe that claiming capital asset costs was complicated and not that beneficial so stick to claiming mileage at £0.45/mile. But someone with more knowledge than me can probably advise better.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
Cars Cars Cars

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of