sofas/seating
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sofas/seating

Post Thanks / Like

Default sofas/seating

I have a sofa in my playroom that has been sicked on and goodness knows what else. What do you all use if you have a playroom and how do you keep yours clean and fresh? Is there any makes/models you would recommend that stand up well to kids mess?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have a sofa in my playroom !!!

The sofas in our sitting room are dark brown leather, with sewn in seat/back cushions. We bought them when DS was a baby, and they've been in the sitting room every since, and when I didn't have a playroom, they were climbed over, and now minded children still use them. They wipe down using special wipes ( or rather ... I use babywipes! ) I do have a leather polish that I have used a few times to clean/shine them up, but only a handful of times, and we've had them almost 16 years! Sofas still look good, except for a couple of cat scratches on the side any other scratches I have managed to 'polish out'/colour in using dye ( or otherwise known as felt pen! )

my friend has fabric sofas, and uses a multitude of throws on hers!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an ikea sofa bed that the children sit on. It has a removable washable cover that I have to put it in a laundrette machine as it's too big for mine. What about a cover for yours during childminding hours?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have a playroom . *****mind in my lounge so obviously we have our family sofa, which is white leather!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have fabric sofas - no playroom. I used throws on them when working. I also had good quality beanbags (doomoos I think they were called) with washable covers which I encouraged the children to sit on a lot of the time - they loved them. I used to make them all inviting with blankets and a low table with a warm drink that they could easily reach. After being outside all morning they would love getting cosy and warm whilst chilling out with a short tv show.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We removed our sofa a while ago to free up more floor space - we have a big rug and the children sit on cushions

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a sofa in the playroom it’s used a lot by the children. I put a throw on it. Easily removed to wash.