Dolls for 2 year olds
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dolls for 2 year olds

I'm looking for some suggestions for dolls for 2 year olds.

I don't want plastic, Baby Annabel type dolls. I'd like something softer, but the fabric dolls I've looked at seem to be aimed more at younger children. I also want 'baby' dolls and a lot of the ragdoll type seem to be 'children'. I don't want any fancy features - no crying, weeing etc. I just want something simple that the children can feed, wrap in a blanket, push in the pram etc.

I have been looking at these

Bonikka Doll - Baby Boy - Daisy Daisy

Or do you think that 2 year olds should be playing with something more grow up and life like?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the Ikea soft dolls but just wanted to say what a lovely web page the link is. I had to come off the page before I spent money I don't have
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes hectors house, Maza, Mouse liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have some of the Ikea soft dolls but just wanted to say what a lovely web page the link is. I had to come off the page before I spent money I don't have
    I agree lovely dolls stepping away from the internet
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Mouse liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

I agree lovely dolls stepping away from the internet
    Very nice. :0)

I've got some small baby dolls (about 20cm) ... soft bodied and the clothes don't come off! I got mine in elc a long time ago, but I bought one recently in toysrus.

My 2 yr olds love wrapping them up and looking after them. They also love some beanie baby dolls/children ... we have a couple and they are lovely and snuggly.

I got rid of my big dolls as they never got played with, apart from 2 plastic ones that live in the playhouse outside.

7. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They look like lovely dolls! Does it say that they wash well?

Agree, it is a lovely website. I might just start my Christmas shopping tonight once DD is in bed!

9. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous dolls we have a first baby anabelle doll, it's soft bodied and much loved. To be honest I prefer plastic as they can be bathed and left in the garden in the rain and come to no harm .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, apologies to anyone who's been tempted to buy from the website!

You can get a girl doll as well as the boy one, so I'm tempted by those. I like that they're very basic. I am having more of a struggle to find soft dolls with different colour skin tones, although I have spotted this one

Tom

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Firstly, apologies to anyone who's been tempted to buy from the website!

You can get a girl doll as well as the boy one, so I'm tempted by those. I like that they're very basic. I am having more of a struggle to find soft dolls with different colour skin tones, although I have spotted this one

Tom
    Very nice ... like my ty ones.

These are the ones I've got
    *TY* Cutie Kid | eBay

Several on ebay at the moment.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for some suggestions for dolls for 2 year olds.

I don't want plastic, Baby Annabel type dolls. I'd like something softer, but the fabric dolls I've looked at seem to be aimed more at younger children. I also want 'baby' dolls and a lot of the ragdoll type seem to be 'children'. I don't want any fancy features - no crying, weeing etc. I just want something simple that the children can feed, wrap in a blanket, push in the pram etc.

I have been looking at these

Bonikka Doll - Baby Boy - Daisy Daisy

Or do you think that 2 year olds should be playing with something more grow up and life like?
    What lovely dolls! I had a sort out over the weekend and I swapped over the plastic dolls for soft bodied TY ones and so far they have been popular.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They do look lovely and very cuddleable.

My last LO who is 2 next week has enjoyed a soft bodied but plastic faced doll, he absolutely loved the closing eyes and used to spend ages tipping it until the eyes closed. It was inexpensive from Sainsbury...came with a bib and a bottle and a dish with spoons and a carry cot.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The favourite doll in my house is a Fisher Price "Cherry" doll, she is soft bodied with a plastic face - she is 30 years old at the end of October!

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I ended up looking at Rubens Barn dolls. Theyre very nice but very expensive so I'll have to just add them to my wish list and keep a look out for any going cheap!

Soft Handmade Empathy Dolls – Swedish Design | Rubens Barn

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They look cute...but you would need a family, they are all so interesting.

Just checked and Sainsbury still does mine :

Sainsbury's - Please enable cookies or JavaScript

Not cute or different...but a lovely soft body and with moving eyes is interesting...adding another dimension to play.

Cheap and cheerful.....and good quality.

20. Likes Mouse liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last night I ended up looking at Rubens Barn dolls. Theyre very nice but very expensive so I'll have to just add them to my wish list and keep a look out for any going cheap!

Soft Handmade Empathy Dolls – Swedish Design | Rubens Barn
    I've got a little 'Maria' ( I think! But we renamed her! ) I did empathy doll training and I think it's great, but I never really got into having her around as an 'extra child' and as empathy dolls, you are not meant to treat them like a doll! She is lovely and cuddly but a little girl, not a baby.

She currently lives in my wardrobe, along with a couple of outfits and a coat! I am thinking of selling her as she is basically new, but it would be for £40 plus postage.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I've got a little 'Maria' ( I think! But we renamed her! ) I did empathy doll training and I think it's great, but I never really got into having her around as an 'extra child' and as empathy dolls, you are not meant to treat them like a doll! She is lovely and cuddly but a little girl, not a baby.

She currently lives in my wardrobe, along with a couple of outfits and a coat! I am thinking of selling her as she is basically new, but it would be for £40 plus postage.
    Oooh, there's a blast from the past - empathy dolls. I also did the training years ago with my old school and each class picked their own empathy doll. They were lovely and across the school we had a whole range of dolls. Not sure I would really want one in my childminding setting either.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I would use them as dolls, not as an extra child, so probably miss the whole point of them being empathy dolls!

I know they do some smaller, more baby ones, so they're the ones I'll look out for. If you're going to sell yours, put it on eBay. They seem to go for a good price on there.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The ones we had we had were pretty big, so that's the main reason I wouldn't want one at home.

I loved the first one that you posted.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would use them as dolls, not as an extra child, so probably miss the whole point of them being empathy dolls!

I know they do some smaller, more baby ones, so they're the ones I'll look out for. If you're going to sell yours, put it on eBay. They seem to go for a good price on there.
    Yes, I am going to put her on ebay ... just got to get sorted 😆

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    The ones we had we had were pretty big, so that's the main reason I wouldn't want one at home.

I loved the first one that you posted.
    When my daughter was younger she had a couple of big dolls. I used to catch sight of them out of the corner of my eye and would jump every time thinking it was a child! The worst time was when it fell off the sofa and I let out a yell thinking a child had fallen. We didn't even have any little children in the house at the time!

27. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    They look cute...but you would need a family, they are all so interesting.

Just checked and Sainsbury still does mine :

Sainsbury's - Please enable cookies or JavaScript

Not cute or different...but a lovely soft body and with moving eyes is interesting...adding another dimension to play.

Cheap and cheerful.....and good quality.
    I've still got a few plastic, or part plastic dolls similar to those. They are popular, especially for outdoor play when it doesn't matter if they get dirty or dumped in the water table for a bath!