Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DBS / CRB / council check help

Hi everyone,
    Could someone clarify this for me please? :
    My Mum has been childminding for a VERY long time (no offence Mum lol) and her and my Dad (who lives at the setting) were police checked by the council when she originally started childminding. My Mum and Dad DID NOT have to have a CRB when it changed. I had a CRB when I turned 16 and then again when I began co-minding with Mum, at her house, 3 years later. So my question is, now its a DBS check, what are the rules? Do any of us need to update to a DBS check? TIA x

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, just to add - My Dad is not an assistant, never left alone with the children, and really, he barely ever comes into contact with the children due to his own work commitments.
    Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same as your mum and have never had a CRB or DBS check. Ofsted have never required us to update our checks.

Anyone who has applied for a DBS check recently has to sign up for the annual update service, but if you had your DBS done before then you don't need to. I can't remember when the update service came into effect. It must be within the last couple of years as my son had his DBS done 3 years ago and didn't need the update, but my daughter had hers done last year and did have to sign up to it.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant, thank you. Glad we don't have to do that!