Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you ever just stay indoors?

It has been bucketing it down ALL day here. I don't mind being out in the rain, in fact I like it in the right context. Some of my most endearing memories are getting DD booted and suited to take her out puddle splashing, but now as an 8 yr old she is not at all keen. I have no little mindees to take outside and no outdoor chores to do, so it looks like we are staying inside for the whole day.

We've done lots of crafts, played and got lots of odd jobs done and it's been quite cosy. We cancelled an outdoor playdate and I couldn't face rescheduling it for our home instead as DD's best friend is sooo lively and jumpy and I always need to get them outside when she comes around, bless her. Felt guilty though as last week it also rained and so they had a playdate at her house instead.

Thank goodness we were out all of yesterday. We went to HMS Belfast and spent the morning by the river - it was a great trip.

I usually get cabin fever if I don't get out, but today I don't seem to mind (yet). Do you ever just stay indoors?

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not often, but I have done if the weather is really bad and all the mindees are engaged and happy indoors. I will also get suited and booted and go out in horrible weather if the mindees (or me!!) need to get outside for a bit. We made it to the park this morning for an hour before it got too rainy.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done today. It started pouring at 10 this morning and is still chucking it down!! I had 5 here today so we played games made slime, crafts etc and watch films. Very cosy day but couldn't do it normally. I do spend a couple of afternoons in to be able to use my resources and do some observations but prefer to be outside when possible. School holidays I feel we have to be out in the fresh air getting exercise and enjoying our freedom from school runs and class rooms

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I have done today. It started pouring at 10 this morning and is still chucking it down!! I had 5 here today so we played games made slime, crafts etc and watch films. Very cosy day but couldn't do it normally. I do spend a couple of afternoons in to be able to use my resources and do some observations but prefer to be outside when possible. School holidays I feel we have to be out in the fresh air getting exercise and enjoying our freedom from school runs and class rooms
    I do sometimes, but not just when it's wet! I prefer to be out exploring what ever the weather.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we went out puddle jumping today. My mornings are usually spent in playing with toys, doing arts and crafts etc then after lunch we head out in to the garden. If i do a trip to soft play/park though i like to go first thing.
    I guess it depends a bit on what your setting is like and whether it lends itself to much time indoors. I mainly home based and always feel other childminders do so much more than me!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I do sometimes, but not just when it's wet! I prefer to be out exploring what ever the weather.
    I like to get out in the rain too. I have puddle suits for the little ones. Best day ever was when I encouraged them to go down the slide in the suits to solos through the puddle at the bottom. Never heard them laugh so much and we had the park to ourselves

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    we went out puddle jumping today. My mornings are usually spent in playing with toys, doing arts and crafts etc then after lunch we head out in to the garden. If i do a trip to soft play/park though i like to go first thing.
    I guess it depends a bit on what your setting is like and whether it lends itself to much time indoors. I mainly home based and always feel other childminders do so much more than me!
    Oh don't get me wrong - I have lots of days when my outdoor activity is garden based (childminding or not), we could be out there for hours and not leave the setting. Today though we didn't even open the front door. No vitamin D or exercise for us, lol. I was just curious as to whether other people stay in ever/regularly.

Just watching the athletics - they're not letting the rain stop them are they?!

11. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I so get where your coming from Maza sometime you just want to stay in. Some of the children I have spend so much time out with their parents they just want to chill and play inside. We do lots out of doors but sometimes we have a stay at home day 👍

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    It has been bucketing it down ALL day here. I don't mind being out in the rain, in fact I like it in the right context. Some of my most endearing memories are getting DD booted and suited to take her out puddle splashing, but now as an 8 yr old she is not at all keen. I have no little mindees to take outside and no outdoor chores to do, so it looks like we are staying inside for the whole day.

We've done lots of crafts, played and got lots of odd jobs done and it's been quite cosy. We cancelled an outdoor playdate and I couldn't face rescheduling it for our home instead as DD's best friend is sooo lively and jumpy and I always need to get them outside when she comes around, bless her. Felt guilty though as last week it also rained and so they had a playdate at her house instead.

Thank goodness we were out all of yesterday. We went to HMS Belfast and spent the morning by the river - it was a great trip.

I usually get cabin fever if I don't get out, but today I don't seem to mind (yet). Do you ever just stay indoors?
    Yeah it's great sometimes providing the opportunity to wind down and relax is as important as making sure children are active.
    Depending on how active your children are depends on the down time needed.

Embrace the rest day 👍👍👍👍
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post