Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I'd worry about putting extra weight on the front wheel .And after paying over £300 pound for the pushchair it's a no, no. Plus falling off would bother me big time. Having said that I know people do it with no problems.And it's up to them what they do not me so doesn't worry me.
    Paid £50 for mine 2nd hand - like most things probably better made than newer ones!

2. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Having done the school run for years I wouldn't dream of pushing a three year old in a buggy or on a board unless they were unwell. My school run took 10 minutes me walking or whatever it took with little ones walking .

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pick up at 3 pm,school comes out at 3.15 so yes I would put a walker in the pushchair for quickness especially as they can be running late.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether or not we use a pushchair for the school run depends on so many things other than the age of the children. Maybe the child has been walking and walking all day long, in the woods or the park and just cannot manage another 10 minute walk.

I used to use the pushchair for one of my three year olds. He was a great walker and didn't use the pushchair at any other time of day. However, I used to have to wake him up at 2.30 from his much needed afternoon nap. There was no way I could have forced him to walk on the school run. Sometimes he would nod off again in the pushchair, other times he would just sit in silence for the first ten minutes until he properly woke up. He would usually get out of the pushchair at school and walk back home with DD.

I remember a friend of mine raising her eyebrows at me because I still had DD's buggy (toddler at the time). I questioned myself, as you do, until I realised that she didn't need her buggy because she drove absolutely everywhere. I don't drive and prefer to walk instead of public transport when I can, and so I definitely still needed mine - but didn't (in my opinion) use it to the detriment of my DD's health and fitness. A couple of times we went on outings with friends who had children the same age as my DD. I was the only one who took a pushchair - much to their amusement. DD walked as much as they did, all around big London parks, and then on the way home through the busy London streets I could pop her in the pushchair while their little ones were all having a meltdown, totally exhausted and making the end of the day more stressful, and having to be carried anyway. There I go, gone off on a tangent again!

6. Likes FloraDora, hectors house, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That's how I look at things Maza .

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Do you think this is doable on foot?

Pick up/drop off which includes 2.5 year old, 2 x 3 year olds and 1 schoolie?

Would put 2.5 year old in double buggy with the not so better walker.

Schoolie can walk no problem but that leaves me with a 3 year old who may to decide to not walk and want carrying?!

Anyone had/have this scenario...any tips/advice?

Agree with building up their stamina. I can always tell if children have been 'allowed/encouraged' to walk before they come to me if they are of a certain age i.e. not babies and still remember many years ago I took on 2 sisters, I think one was 4 and the other was 3 and a 15 minute walk to play school for the first week took us half an hour. Every day we had to leave another 5 minutes earlier until we got to the right time so as not to be late. But we persevered and after a month or so they both loved the walk and we did it in 15 - 20 minutes! a lot does depend on many different senarios as has been mentioned but I definitely encourage mine to use their legs!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

but I definitely encourage mine to use their legs![/QUOTE]

Lol ... I seem to have lots of 'conversations' about 'using your legs' !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12