Childminding Mummy on you tube
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding Mummy on you tube

Came across this lady on you tube and couldn't help wonder if she is on here?!

It's so interesting to see other settings, anyone else a childminding you tuber?
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 25-08-2017 at 09:59 AM.

2. Likes childmindmummy liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post

Why I Chose Childminding - Playroom Tour - In Home Child Care !! - YouTube

It's so interesting to see other settings, anyone else a childminding you tuber?
    Looks great - I wish I had a spare room that size!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I feel so inadequate now.☹️ Does so,so much. My playroom is half that size!

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s great if it works for her and mindees. I work with a "less is more" approach. I found that room very busy and overcrowded and too many bright colours. It wouldn't work for me, my family my mindees.

PS I don't have a playroom and use my lounge diner for working.

6. Likes moggy, mama2three liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon she is quite a big business . Not so much home from home setting. But if it works for her and her mother?.

Are you on this forum lady from you tube?

Post Thanks / Like

some more of her videos for anyone interested :-)
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 25-08-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Gosh, I feel so inadequate now.☹️ Does so,so much. My playroom is half that size!
    But your clients choose you because you are right for their children. Nothing else matters.

10. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thats me. Thank you for watching them.

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thats me, thanks for watching them. Feels so weird having a thread about me
    Hope you like them xx

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thats me, ive tried a few time to reply to this thread but unsuccessful. Im new to the forum and have no idea what im doing haha.
    Thanks for watching the videos i hope they are useful. I have a few more planned but haven't the time yet to film them. Theres a playlist with all my childminding videos.

Thanks again, its so weird having a thread about me haha
    x
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 25-08-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by childmindmummy View Post
    Hey thats me, ive tried a few time to reply to this thread but unsuccessful. Im new to the forum and have no idea what im doing haha.
    Thanks for watching the videos i hope they are useful. I have a few more planned but haven't the time yet to film them. Theres a playlist with all my childminding videos.

x
    AWWW!!! Hello!!!
    I LOVE your videos......how long have you been childminding? Whereabouts are you based, i can't pinpoint your accent!

15. Likes childmindmummy liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

x
    Welcome ...it's easy here ....This forum is all about supporting each other.
    We don't usually promote our businesses, I think there are some rules somewhere outlining this?
    Your videos have seemed to have made a good variety of impacts on the wide range and experiences of childminders on here though.

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, ive been childminding since Nov 2011 with my mum and we have an assistant with another starting before Christmas this year, so super busy I was from liverpool but moved to devon a few years before we started childminding so my accent is very messed up haha one day i sound hard as nails the next a farmer
    Im hoping by doing youtube videos i can spend more time with my kids but at the way its going (very slow) its going to take a lot more to make any sort of money from it.
    Is there any videos you would like to see?
    I also have a facebook page under "A Childminding Mummy" xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, ive been childminding since Nov 2011 with my mum and we have an assistant with another starting before Christmas this year, so super busy I was from liverpool but moved to devon a few years before we started childminding so my accent is very messed up haha one day i sound hard as nails the next a farmer
    Im hoping by doing youtube videos i can spend more time with my kids but at the way its going (very slow) its going to take a lot more to make any sort of money from it.
    Is there any videos you would like to see?
    I also have a facebook page under "A Childminding Mummy" xx
    Have you checked that it is ok to promote your you tube site?
    For your information:

FORUM RULES

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome childmindmummy. I liked your you tubes very much. But did think it was very nursery looking ( don't mean this in a rude way at all) have you thought of opening a nursery? I think you're be very good at it.Im old fashioned and like to see childminders as home from home,though with all the regulations nowadays ( I'm from days when registered with social services) every childminders home is becoming nurseryfied!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think so dragonfly?
    I actually think its the opposite.
    When i started out i had every poster , labelled boxes , notice boards...all a bit 'nursery' , but ive now relaxed and offer heuristic and natural play , lots of loose parts , and am very happy with the fact that my home now looks exactly like a comfortable home where children feel happy , relaxed and have lots of things to explore. If you look at the most innovative nurseries they are all trying to invoke a homely feeling..... i dont quite understand why childminders would change their environment when its the homeliness that is the selling point!

21. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Do you think so dragonfly?
    I actually think its the opposite.
    When i started out i had every poster , labelled boxes , notice boards...all a bit 'nursery' , but ive now relaxed and offer heuristic and natural play , lots of loose parts , and am very happy with the fact that my home now looks exactly like a comfortable home where children feel happy , relaxed and have lots of things to explore. If you look at the most innovative nurseries they are all trying to invoke a homely feeling..... i dont quite understand why childminders would change their environment when its the homeliness that is the selling point!
    Yes, but aren't the changes you have made more the result of your own experience and insight over time?

From what I see at CMs' premises, there's a growing trend towards 'nurseryfying' (wow, there's an ugly word) and I have to agree with Dragonfly that it appears to stem from over-regulation.

Historically, and inevitably (if I can slip in an extra adverb to my already poor writing style), the moment Ofsted got involved, childminding was set on a path in which 'education' became preeminent. I use the word 'education' very specifically here, and as a distinctly different term from 'learning'. Learning is value-free and socially/politically-neutral. Education always comes with an agenda; it is limiting, controlling and inherently polluted by the socio-political goals of those who organise it from the top down.

This trend is on the rise, as evidenced by increasing interference. Witness the imposition of ideas such as 'school readiness', 'home activity planning' (aka homework for babies/toddlers), and the blatantly politicised Prevent programme, something even Ofsted inspectres find deeply worrying and embarrassing to have to enforce.

Now lump this all in with that dreadful ideal of "professionalism". New (and some old) CMs measure themselves against goals which have very little to do with what tried and trusted 'old school' childcare was (and should be) about. Safe and happy children who learn what they find interesting and develop good, loving, trust-based relationships just don't count. They have to be 'achieving'. It isn't enough for them to be learning. They have to be learning the right things: targets set by Whitehall technocrats, according to an 'educational' agenda: all good preparation for school, where nothing matters unless it is meeting targets. If it can't be counted, then it doesn't count.

Within this framework, everything that looks like a nursery or tends towards school-centred 'education' is seen as 'right' and "very professional". Anything homely is seen as quaintly outdated, "unprofessional" and doesn't quite cut it.

The pressure is so great, I make no claim to being above it nor immune from its insidious influence. When I talk with CMs I pull them up for constantly referring to their "setting". I say, "why don't you call it your 'home'? Because that's what it is, and that's probably why your clients send their children to you." But I expect any search of my paperwork or forum posts would take less than five minutes to reveal a dozen examples of me hypocritically using the word "setting" too.

So, whilst I most definitely think your 'de-nurseryfication' is the right way to go, it has to be seen in the context of brave resistance to regulatory trends, rather than passively allowing yourself to be coerced by DofE-Ofsted. Don't take that the wrong way: I'm not accusing you of breaking the regulations. But the way things are now, I believe we have to tread a very hazardous pathway in which we simultaneously fiulfil and subvert the diktats of the Ofsted-DofE-Westminster triumvirate, if we are going to do right by the children/families.
    Last edited by bunyip; 23-08-2017 at 08:49 AM.

23. Likes loocyloo, moggy liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thats me, thanks for watching them. Feels so weird having a thread about me
    Hope you like them xx
    Thanks for the clips. I found them very interesting: some good ideas, plus some things on which I disagree (which is never a bad thing.)

I have to say I was wracking my brain to figure out where you're based, as you refer to a child "up in Kent" and the last time I looked you could only go "up" to Kent from the Pas de Calais.

Unfortunately, I had to watch one of the videos in two instalments. I was watching it initially in my local, having arrived too early on quiz night, and hastily turned it off when I realised from some comments that the video was attracting the wrong sort of attention.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, as a hopefully constructive piece of criticism, I find it difficult to watch the videos that were filmed by a hand-held device (e.g. the one on paperwork). Don't know if it's just me, but it gives me a sort of motion-sickness, in the same way as a lot of computer games.

To put this in context, the videos are far better than most homemade how-to's I've seen on YouTube.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had chance to watch any of the videos yet, but they sound interesting so I'll have to find the time.

I'm just amazed that at the first mention of Childminding Mummy on the forum, Childminding Mummy herself appears - brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast