don't know if i'm coming or going!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,868
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default don't know if i'm coming or going!

    is it really only half past 9 ???

    I had made plans to go out to the woods today ...

    Then I got a message yesterday to say that School were planning on holding junior sports day today ... I like going to support all 'my' children, even if parents are there, and especially for my children whose parents can't be there ... change of plan!

    This morning assorted drop offs were all over the place, but I was gearing up for morning at home, ( with early sleeps ) ready for sports day. Get a message to say sports day now cancelled as rain forecast this afternoon. 2 mindees are in a 'can't do anything' frame of mind and so we might just go for a walk, as I can't face a trek up to the woods! Then a mum rings to say 'crisis' at work, she'll be late picking up this afternoon. no problem ( mum never does this, and works at a hospital ( and dad is typically away! ). Then the school secretary rings me and says she thought I'd better know that although clubs have finished for the term, the 2 that 2 schoolies go to, are still happening! letters went home yesterday about it, but she knows these 2 particular parents are not good at keeping me informed!. then I realise, that now I will have too many for the car to do a late pick up, so it means we'll need to stay at school ( I could walk back to school for club pick up but then the little ones will be too tired to walk home at any reasonable speed! ). I've now rung mum of another mindee to ask her to pick up a bit later so child can have tea! ARGHHH! I could say that they couldn't go to clubs, BUT, one club is painting backdrops for school play and the other is rehearsing for a concert, so both children are needed at club!

    I've already made tea - it is in slow cooker ready for when we get home !

    now none of the mindess want to play with me ... they are all busy and involved , except one child who is happily lying on the floor watching everyone!



    hope everyone else is having a good day!

    weather not wonderful here - that soft drizzle in the air and grey! think we'll still head out after snack!

  2. Likes FloraDora, hectors house liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,978
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I'm exhausted just reading about your morning/ prospective day.
    What a great childminder you are, putting the children first and having logistics skills to think positively on how you can make something happen when change occurs.
    Enjoy your 5 mins now to breathe, whilst they all explore their toys on their own.

  4. Likes Maza, Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    337
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    is it really only half past 9 ???

    I had made plans to go out to the woods today ...

    Then I got a message yesterday to say that School were planning on holding junior sports day today ... I like going to support all 'my' children, even if parents are there, and especially for my children whose parents can't be there ... change of plan!

    This morning assorted drop offs were all over the place, but I was gearing up for morning at home, ( with early sleeps ) ready for sports day. Get a message to say sports day now cancelled as rain forecast this afternoon. 2 mindees are in a 'can't do anything' frame of mind and so we might just go for a walk, as I can't face a trek up to the woods! Then a mum rings to say 'crisis' at work, she'll be late picking up this afternoon. no problem ( mum never does this, and works at a hospital ( and dad is typically away! ). Then the school secretary rings me and says she thought I'd better know that although clubs have finished for the term, the 2 that 2 schoolies go to, are still happening! letters went home yesterday about it, but she knows these 2 particular parents are not good at keeping me informed!. then I realise, that now I will have too many for the car to do a late pick up, so it means we'll need to stay at school ( I could walk back to school for club pick up but then the little ones will be too tired to walk home at any reasonable speed! ). I've now rung mum of another mindee to ask her to pick up a bit later so child can have tea! ARGHHH! I could say that they couldn't go to clubs, BUT, one club is painting backdrops for school play and the other is rehearsing for a concert, so both children are needed at club!

    I've already made tea - it is in slow cooker ready for when we get home !

    now none of the mindess want to play with me ... they are all busy and involved , except one child who is happily lying on the floor watching everyone!



    hope everyone else is having a good day!

    weather not wonderful here - that soft drizzle in the air and grey! think we'll still head out after snack!
    I get days like that so know exactley what you mean!

  6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    92
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post

    I get days like that so know exactley what you mean!
    Me too. More so near the end of each school term as sports days, trips and fetes are squeezed in!

  8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,868
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snortlet View Post

    Me too. More so near the end of each school term as sports days, trips and fetes are squeezed in!
    Well ... I survived the day and so did the children! The torrential downpour at 3.30 was an added bonus!!!

  10. Likes Maza liked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,485
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well done. Why does it rain/ the rain gets worst on the school run?

  12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well done. Why does it rain/ the rain gets worst on the school run?
    Haha yes, what is that all about. 3pm looms and a big dark grey cloud appears and it hammers it down. All clear by 4 though of course!

  14. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
don't know if i'm coming or going! don't know if i'm coming or going! don't know if i'm coming or going!

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk