Happens every year!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happens every year!!!

I should be used to it but it still floors me how self involved some people can be. Mindee just gone on holiday and mum says "enjoy your week off!" Errrr..... what about the other 6 mindees we have on our books?!!!!
    Bless 🙄

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha!

I've never had that but once I booked a week off just because DD and DH were both off and we just wanted some family time. Everyone was great about it and asked where I was going. They all looked totally perplexed when I said I wasn't going anywhere. They didn't say anything but I could tell that they couldn't get their heads around the fact that I might actually just need a break. In their eyes I was with my child all the time, unlike them, and so the concept of me wanting family time wasn't something they could comprehend!

4. Likes loocyloo, Bluebell liked this post
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fitrix View Post
    I should be used to it but it still floors me how self involved some people can be. Mindee just gone on holiday and mum says "enjoy your week off!" Errrr..... what about the other 6 mindees we have on our books?!!!!
    Bless 🙄
    Oh yes I've had 'oh do you work in the school holidays/do pre school run/give lunch/dinner/' or what I love is 'so you have to do paperwork? get inspected?' I thought these days people were more clued upon how we work.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    Oh yes I've had 'oh do you work in the school holidays/do pre school run/give lunch/dinner/' or what I love is 'so you have to do paperwork? get inspected?' I thought these days people were more clued upon how we work.
    Yesssss!!! I got such a funny look from someone who worked in a nursery. Met her at a social through mutual friends and small talk was our jobs. She couldn't believe I do paperwork and got inspected. In fact I bored the pants of her by telling her I also do accounts, reports, policies etc everything her manger and bosses do. Bless her. Come to think of it she did gulp her drink quickly and excused herself saying she was going to the bar to get another one. No surprise to say she avoided me the rest of the evening. lol.

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I can top those: one mum wanted to change drop off times so we were negotiating timings during which
    I said "if I'm not working, some days I go straight into town after the school run". She said "Oh you work?! What do you do?!?" 😳😳😳😳. She was a bit embarrasssed when I looked at her with my mouth hanging open!!!

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Think I can top those: one mum wanted to change drop off times so we were negotiating timings during which
    I said "if I'm not working, some days I go straight into town after the school run". She said "Oh you work?! What do you do?!?" 😳😳😳😳. She was a bit embarrasssed when I looked at her with my mouth hanging open!!!
    that is brilliant!

I was once talking to a prospective parent and said that since leaving college ( having studied childcare ), I had been a nanny for 14 years, worked in a nursery and had now been childminding for X years. She then asked me if looking after children was what I really wanted to do !

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off next week and was planning to give the house a really good bottoming (i.e. Clearing cupboards, cleaning everywhere that I don't get to do easily on a regular basis. One parent told me I should sit and do nothing if I wasn't going away. Ok, but who's going to do the clearing up???

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I'm off next week and was planning to give the house a really good bottoming (i.e. Clearing cupboards, cleaning everywhere that I don't get to do easily on a regular basis. One parent told me I should sit and do nothing if I wasn't going away. Ok, but who's going to do the clearing up???
    THE CLEANING FAIRY OF COURSE!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the teacher's I used to childmind for always used to say "have a good break" when it was school holidays - her children were term time only. Every time I told her I was still working, but then every time they came back she'd ask if I'd done anything nice over the holiday. She was always surprised when I told her I'd still been working. I don't think she ever got it!

Another mum asked on her first visit if I had a job or if this was all I did. She assumed I worked the same as a babysitter just fitting in children when I had nothing else to do. She was a first time mum with no experience at all of childcare so I didn't hold it against her! I ended up looking after her child for 4 years and she couldn't speak highly enough of childminders, once she realised what we did

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not had a holiday or day off in 2 years. People think childminding is a joke job but i don't think i've ever worked so consistently in my life!!

Post Thanks / Like

I once went to a long service dinner for my hubby 10 years milkman, a very posh spoken boss wife asked what I do. When I said *****mind her reply was "oh you don't work then" thankfully my hubby quickly grabbed the back of my dress and planted a most out of character kiss before I could answer!!!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I once had a new mummy visit when I referred to my work she said "but you don't work you just play all day" 😀😀😀😀

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I've not had a holiday or day off in 2 years. People think childminding is a joke job but i don't think i've ever worked so consistently in my life!!
    Mumofone, you must take a break. You'll go mad otherwise. Lovely as mindees are, your family need you as just you too. XXX